Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Bestbuy.com and backorders?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-03, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a DVD from BestBuy.com last month, I believe it's OOP but Best Buy still had it listed as shipping in 5 to 7 days. My order now says that item is backordered, and it's been 19 days since I placed my order.

Will Bestbuy.com notify me if they can't get this item and how long do they usually give it before cancelling the order? Also, if I want to cancel this item myself how do I go about it? I don't see anything that lets me cancel it on their website.

It's driving me crazy, especally since I now think I might be able to find it through Bordersstores.com easier.
Old 03-10-03, 04:58 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
Re: Bestbuy.com and backorders?

Originally posted by Tscott
I ordered a DVD from BestBuy.com last month, I believe it's OOP but Best Buy still had it listed as shipping in 5 to 7 days. My order now says that item is backordered, and it's been 19 days since I placed my order.

Will Bestbuy.com notify me if they can't get this item and how long do they usually give it before cancelling the order? Also, if I want to cancel this item myself how do I go about it? I don't see anything that lets me cancel it on their website.

It's driving me crazy, especally since I now think I might be able to find it through Bordersstores.com easier.
I don't know if they'll notify you if they can't get it but if you want to cancel you'll have to email them or call to get the item cancelled.
Old 03-10-03, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If your order is backorderd more than 30 days, they will cancel your order. I have had about 4 orders cancelled over a 1.5 year period. I would call them, if you have some doubts.