Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Dealing with Amazon.ca

Old 02-24-03, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Dealing with Amazon.ca

Just put in my first order with Amazon.ca (Red Dwarf S1 & S2 sets for $35 USD shipped). Never dealt with them before.

Ever had any issues with ordering from Amazon.ca? How long did it take for your shipment to get to you via the cheap shipping?
Old 02-24-03, 02:13 AM

I get amazon.ca orders in one day. I live in Canada but that is just amazing shipping. I have ordered a lot from them and have never had a problem.
Old 02-24-03, 07:56 AM

So far i've gotten: six feet under, oz 2 and sopranos s1 from them. i chose the cheap shipping and i received items in about 10 - 12 days from the time i placed the order. very satisfied.
Old 02-24-03, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have never had a problem using Amazon.ca for DVD orders. It usually takes about 2 weeks for an order to arrive in California.
Old 02-24-03, 12:03 PM

It takes 4 - 5 weeks to get to Hawaii with the cheap shipping. I've ordered several times with no problems.
Old 02-24-03, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Amazon.ca has better customer service than Amazon.com. They fixed a few issues I had very quickly.
Old 02-25-03, 12:25 AM

I live in east coast of Canada and dealt with them 3 times and had excellent service. I find they have fairly good prices and they have free shipping now. I just ordered the 2pac Thug Angel box set on tuesday and it arrived on friday, I was not expecting it that soon, it even arrived before thier delivery window.

About the free shipping, is that a promotion or is that going to be standard from now on, if it is, I will be ordering plenty more in the future.

Also www.futureshop.ca seems to be having free shipping now in canada.

some restrictions apply
Old 02-25-03, 01:05 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I had an order from Amazon.ca that was lost in shipping during this past Christmas shipping. When I inquired with them about it I was willing to wait longer to see if it came, but they immediately realized that it was likely lost and said they'd send another. When the one I ordered came back in stock, they immediately shipped it out using an expedited method and I received it in 3 days after it was shipped. I have only good things to say about their great customer service!
Old 02-25-03, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

About 6 trouble-free orders from them so far, usually get them in 10-14 days here in NYC.