Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Help Help Here!!!

Old 02-19-03, 04:55 PM

Help Help Here!!!

I signed up the COLUMBIA DVD club about 3 months ago.

I just checked my bank statements that they took $34 in Jan and $35 this month... i have never received anything from them last month and this monty I got something and returned to them UNOPENED. i wrote "return to sender" on the box. anyways, i emailed them and they said there is nothing they can do unless they received those DVDs back....

i was like WTF!

is there anybody can tell me WHAT TO DO???
cancel my credit card? dispute the charge???

I DON'T WANT TO PAY $70 FOR NOTHING!

let me know

THANKS
Old 02-19-03, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Your post left a lot of things unanswered. You said you signed up 3 months ago but never said if you cancelled your account or not. Did you receive your enrollment package and fulfillment DVDs? Also were the charges for director's selections? I think it would be better if you called Columbia House and tried to straighten out the problems with them first. If they don't help then consider disputing the charges. Also there is a thread dedicated to DVD clubs this should be posted in.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 02-19-03 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-20-03, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Help Help Here!!!

Originally posted by maxmsu

cancel my credit card?
First take a look at the post from the person above and I'd do some checking first.

Don't cancel your card. Canceling your credit card will not remove the charges. It will only stop them from charging you any more*. Any charges that have posted to your account will be your responsibility.

*Also a credit card company will not consider your account as "closed" until the balance is paid in full, so you may "cancel" your card, but if a merchant charges to the card before the balance is paid in full, or there is ever another charge to the card, some companies have it written in their card-holder agreements that they have the right to re-open the account at that point.