Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Good return experience from FYE

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-03, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered the Evangelion box set using the 20% off coupon and just recently reached disc 5 and when I opened it, I noticed the disc was damaged. I tried to play it anyhow and of course there was a problem. I simply took my package slip in and they swapped my set for the one in the store, which I check immediately.

They of course checked each case to make sure that all the discs were in there from my set, which was a bit of a pain, but I understand their wanting to check them. They had absolutely no problem with me making the in-store return from an online purchase.
Old 02-12-03, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Now I know why Best Buy always recommends to get the "extended warranty" plans.
Old 02-12-03, 05:54 PM

I also had an easy exchange w/ fye. I bought the 24 season 1 set from fye online with the 20% off code, and noticed that disc 2 had a discoloration on the surface (a big irregular dark patch). It played fine, but I didn't wanna keep it 'cause it definitely had some kind of defect.

I took it back to a B&M fye along with the packing slip and told them that disc 2 was defective, and they switched out the set with a new one from their shelf. They didn't give me a hassle about the price difference (online price was around $35, instore price was about $60).
Old 02-12-03, 10:52 PM

I can also vouch for Fye's good exchange policy....DVD came in a damaged case and the DVD had obviously rattled around in there...sooo went to my very close Fye store...and exchanged it using a printed online order receipt.

Vu
Old 02-13-03, 02:24 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Do they place a time limit on the exchange at the store? I also ordered Evangelion boxset using the 20% off coupon and I don't think I have the time to sit through all 8 discs within a month.

I know stores like BB that reinforce a 30 day exchange policy. For an exchange, BB would have to scan your receipt/order and do an exchange or resale. What about FYE? If FYE does the exchange without going through the paperwork, they may be more relax on their return/exchange policy.