Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepdiscountDVD Promotion Code???

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DeepdiscountDVD Promotion Code???

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-03, 06:56 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DDD is great!!

There, just wanted to buck the trend.
Old 02-09-03, 09:49 PM
Banned

DDD is great have not problems at all.
Old 02-09-03, 09:54 PM
Banned

Originally posted by kmcrowl
Never had a problem with DDD. Takes about 1 week to receive DVD's here in Missouri. About the internet average for me. Just got my Repo Man tin. No dents!
mine did. but i love them anyways
Old 02-09-03, 10:09 PM

DDD Customer Service resent a dvd I did not receive with no questions asked. I have been ordering from them for 2 years with no problems.
Old 02-09-03, 10:19 PM

One thing that should be noted....DDD does use media mail shipping as their free shipping method....

This mail is one of the more slower USPS services...but hey its free shipping right.

Once thing I do notice, is in times of holiday shipping media mail takes much longer to reach its destination.
Old 02-10-03, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Another pleased dvdtalker here! These people are great and I respect their business big time.

Since they first started back in the days (well, I actually remember when they had their name mentioned in all kinds of adds on the radio up in Chiacgo)...so it has been a little over 2 years and they have taken my business 100%.

The only "problem" I have is that I wish they had a bigger "foreign" selection but....I AM STILL PLEASED!!

number 2 on my list is definitely DVDEMPIRE......but have not bought anything from them in a long time.

As far as the store goes.....its not just a warehouse.....and it is in Itasca....about 45 min away from where I live in Des Plaines!!
Old 02-10-03, 07:22 AM

DDD has always shipped my orders promptly, although media mail can sometimes take a while to arrive. The delivery times are pretty consistent with what it takes for a lot of orders on half.com, so I believe it's the handling time for USPS media mail.
Old 02-10-03, 08:35 AM

Count me as another satisfied customer. Consistently great prices and I can live with the ship "delay". Not a bad benchmark for others.
Old 02-10-03, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by DVD DVD DVD
Has anyone noticed that most of the posters complaining about DDD are new posters? While the ones defending DDD are senior level posters and above?

Just pointing out some obvious trends.
hmmmm, that is an interesting observation.
I'm honestly shocked to see this many negative posts about DDD.

Amazon and DDD in my experience are the two most reliable places to buy dvds when it comes to customer service. Never have problems getting people on the phone and they always fix any problems without a hassle.
Old 02-10-03, 09:09 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
have used them many times, shipping is slow, but so far, so good.
Old 02-10-03, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've ordered from DDD several times with no problems. My first order with them was also my first experience with media mail shipping, so I was a little frustrated with how long it took to arrive, but now that I know what to expect it doesn't bother me. I've got plenty of unwatched DVDs and unplayed Gamecube games to keep me occupied while new stuff is in transit!
Old 02-10-03, 10:24 AM

DDD is the place I always go when I dont feel like looking around for the best deal...

Many times you can find a coupon to make a deal a little better, but when I just want to order a few dvds...I will go to DDD just because I know im getting the best price after shipping and I trust their service.

I agree with a previous poster....I have always trusted DDD and Amazon for their service and customer service.
Old 02-10-03, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
DDD is excellent. Since I'm on the West Coast, free shipping is slow, but that's not really their fault.

I have twice had problems with DVDs I recieved (scratched) and both times they sent out a new one right away, even before I returned (at their expense) the old ones.
Old 02-10-03, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No complaints here.
Old 02-10-03, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok, so WHERE IS THE BARGAIN HERE??????

**Store Forum**
Old 02-10-03, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I need to hear from at least ONE more member before I'm convinced that I should from them....
Old 02-10-03, 12:00 PM

Originally posted by RonBoster
I need to hear from at least ONE more member before I'm convinced that I should from them....
ok,.. but remember, you asked for it

I too would happily recommend..

True, in the past there has been the occasional better deal from some other e-tailers, but the deciding point in DDD's favour is that they STILL EXIST, whereas a number of the others do not.

Hemulen
Old 02-10-03, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've been using DDD for about a year, and they've always corrected problems I've had. And I'd consider myself kind of a PITA customer since I constantly rearrange orders (usually with pre-orders) and email them about their low price guarantee. I usually get preorders the day of or the day before the DVD's release, but stock items usually take 10-14 days. Can't really complain since the shipping is free!
Old 02-10-03, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DDD to me is greeat prices on some discs.
Limited selection with a shipping procedure(MM)for free shipping that can be a little rougher on cargo than (due to their carton style shipping) than when ordering from other places.
Until my last two orders I really hadn't had a problem from them, floaters either played or were replaced happily.
However my last two purchases were large and came damaged in both instances. I am now waiting weeks for both to be replaced.... So take your chances and they don't ALWAYS have the better price.
BTW they have RUMBLEFISH for 9 and change now, great flick.
Old 02-10-03, 06:17 PM

DDD is good. Their prices are usually the best (you should always check for prices at dvdpricesearch.com) and their shipping is free, if a bit slow.
Old 02-11-03, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

DDD are the best - It’s that simple.
Old 02-14-03, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DDD =

Old 02-14-03, 03:21 PM

I've bought at least 100 dvd's from them and have never had a problem. One of the best to buy from on the web for sure.
Old 02-18-03, 06:10 PM
bga

They also pricematch if you can find it cheaper elsewhere. I've been known to pricematch bestbuy.com sales just to save a few bucks in sales tax.