DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Best Buy Online dvd order (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/264385-best-buy-online-dvd-order.html)

parrotheads4 01-16-03 05:59 PM

Best Buy Online dvd order

LOL at me! I ordered a dvd at work today expecting to be able to run into BB for a quick pick-up after work. I go to the pick-up counter, with my printed internet page. Everyone stats looking for my order. After 5 minutes a clerk asks me when I ordered it. "Today at work", I said. All at once they sighed, and said "It takes 2 days!"

WTF?! What the hell's the point then?

bunkaroo 01-16-03 06:03 PM

I ordered a DVD for store pickup from Best Buy two weeks ago, and I got an e-mail within an hour saying it was ready for pickup. Went three hours later and got it. I guess your BB isn't as vigilant...

MasterofDVD 01-16-03 06:03 PM

Before this thread gets moved I just wanna say that for the most part the in store pickup for me has been pretty much instant. Most of the time I order late at night and then by the time I get up in the morning the movie is ready for pickup before I go to work.

Just curious....what DVD did you get? Wondering if it a title that was selling well or a hard to find title they might not of had many of.

parrotheads4 01-16-03 06:10 PM

Signs. $4.00 cheaper on-line vs. in-store.

Static Cling 01-16-03 06:48 PM

Moving to Store Forum.

kaze0 01-17-03 09:55 AM

Best Buy sends you an email when your order is ready for pickup. If you didn't get the email then they didnt get your order ready yet.

ernestrp 01-17-03 10:33 AM

The last time I tried in-store pick-up I got an email about 24 hours later telling me that they did not have it and I had to confirm my shipping address so they could send it to me so I did. Next day I go into the store and I find 12 or more copies of this title but I think oh well they will just send it to me. About 7:30 that night I get an email thanking me for responding to them and they would just CANCEL my order and if I wanted to I could re-order it again.

marty888 01-17-03 01:29 PM

Originally posted by ernestrp
The last time I tried in-store pick-up I got an email about 24 hours later telling me that they did not have it and I had to confirm my shipping address so they could send it to me so I did. Next day I go into the store and I find 12 or more copies of this title but I think oh well they will just send it to me. About 7:30 that night I get an email thanking me for responding to them and they would just CANCEL my order and if I wanted to I could re-order it again.
I went through the exact same bull-pucky twice with them .... so now I no longer even consider in-store pick-up as an option.

5th_Wheel 01-18-03 04:53 AM

I placed an order for in store PU and when I arrived at 6:00PM to PU the order on the last day it was supposed to be available for PU BB.com had canceled the order. I called from the store and they said they would make a new order and ship it to me for free at the higher prices (sale was over) and then credit my account for the difference (sale prices). I just received an e-mail stating that they declined the price adjustment even though the original order shows they canceled it early.

I called and filed a complaint and said they could have the frigin DVD's back unless they adjusted the prices to reflect the sale prices like they said they would. I hate the fact that BB.com has to issue a case number every time you ask them something concerning an order.

D_N_G 01-20-03 12:20 PM

Right after the posting about the Donnie Darko price drop to 9.99 on BB.com (about 3 weeks ago), I assumed that the B&M would do the same thing. The DVD still rang up at the 22.99 price point, so I said forget it.

I walked over to their In-Store Kiosk and ordered it, along with a Fellowes 240 dvd rack that was 20 dollars cheaper (49.99 on BB.com 69.99 in store). I printed out the receipt, picked up the Donnie Darko DVD and the Storage rack, and walked up to customer service. They entered everything into the computer, and I walked out saving an instant 35 bucks.

As long as you get a friendly CSR at the desk and they arent that busy, anyone should be able to do the same.

boc4ever 01-20-03 11:18 PM

Originally posted by 5th_Wheel
I placed an order for in store PU and when I arrived at 6:00PM to PU the order on the last day it was supposed to be available for PU BB.com had canceled the order. I called from the store and they said they would make a new order and ship it to me for free at the higher prices (sale was over) and then credit my account for the difference (sale prices). I just received an e-mail stating that they declined the price adjustment even though the original order shows they canceled it early.

I called and filed a complaint and said they could have the frigin DVD's back unless they adjusted the prices to reflect the sale prices like they said they would. I hate the fact that BB.com has to issue a case number every time you ask them something concerning an order.

5th Wheel,

This happened to me during the 2 for $25 sale. I ordered two discs the last day of the sale and both were listed as available at the pick up location. Then I got an e-mail stating they actually weren't available and I could either select a new location, or have them shipped. I called up to find out what other location was available and she told me the order had been cancelled. I thought it wouldn't be a problem to change the pick up or shipping status, but evidently they have to cxl and reorder. Of course the sale was over, and the total came to $43. Not quite a bargain anymore. She put the order through for me via phone and indicated she put through a "credit" and it would appear as a separate charge. Not really trusting this, I must have called them at 4 separate times to check on the status of the credit. At one point, the rep was giving me a vibe the credit might not be honored. A day or so later, I got an e-mail about the credit, and my credit card account showed the entire amount promised $15. I had to ride them to get it, but I wouldn't have ordered otherwise, so keep on them. Good luck!

LaxBandit 01-21-03 04:02 PM

I ordered "Any Given Sunday-The Oliver Stone Collection" and "The Goonies" via their 2 for $25 deal along with one other DVD for in-store pickup. A day or so later, I got and email stating "Any Given Sunday" and "The Goonies" were unavailable and they were on backorder. The other DVD was available for pickup so I went and picked it up. While I was at the store, I checked to see if the other two DVD's were unavailable and they were indeed so. After a few more days, I received an email stating that these DVD's were on backorder. Then after a day or so, I received another email stating that the order was canceled and that I could re-order the DVD's. However the 2 for $25 deal was over and I would have to re-order them at a regular price. Before I could email them back asking I should get a chance to buy them at the sale price, I get another email stating that I could re-order the DVD's, at the regular price, having them delivered to me via next day shipping and handling (while being only charged $1.99) and then they would credit me the difference so I get them for what I would have paid for them when they were on sale orginially. I agreed to this, re-ordered the DVD's and the DVD's arrived to me a few days later. Then a week after that (this past weekend), I got a email saying that the $18.99 difference has been applied to my credit card and when I checked my account, it was. So all is good I guess.

LB...