Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Best Buy Online dvd order

Old 01-16-03, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Best Buy Online dvd order

LOL at me! I ordered a dvd at work today expecting to be able to run into BB for a quick pick-up after work. I go to the pick-up counter, with my printed internet page. Everyone stats looking for my order. After 5 minutes a clerk asks me when I ordered it. "Today at work", I said. All at once they sighed, and said "It takes 2 days!"

WTF?! What the hell's the point then?
Old 01-16-03, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I ordered a DVD for store pickup from Best Buy two weeks ago, and I got an e-mail within an hour saying it was ready for pickup. Went three hours later and got it. I guess your BB isn't as vigilant...
Old 01-16-03, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Before this thread gets moved I just wanna say that for the most part the in store pickup for me has been pretty much instant. Most of the time I order late at night and then by the time I get up in the morning the movie is ready for pickup before I go to work.

Just curious....what DVD did you get? Wondering if it a title that was selling well or a hard to find title they might not of had many of.
Old 01-16-03, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Signs. $4.00 cheaper on-line vs. in-store.
Old 01-16-03, 06:48 PM
Admin Emeritus

Moving to Store Forum.
Old 01-17-03, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Best Buy sends you an email when your order is ready for pickup. If you didn't get the email then they didnt get your order ready yet.
Old 01-17-03, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The last time I tried in-store pick-up I got an email about 24 hours later telling me that they did not have it and I had to confirm my shipping address so they could send it to me so I did. Next day I go into the store and I find 12 or more copies of this title but I think oh well they will just send it to me. About 7:30 that night I get an email thanking me for responding to them and they would just CANCEL my order and if I wanted to I could re-order it again.
Old 01-17-03, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by ernestrp
The last time I tried in-store pick-up I got an email about 24 hours later telling me that they did not have it and I had to confirm my shipping address so they could send it to me so I did. Next day I go into the store and I find 12 or more copies of this title but I think oh well they will just send it to me. About 7:30 that night I get an email thanking me for responding to them and they would just CANCEL my order and if I wanted to I could re-order it again.
I went through the exact same bull-pucky twice with them .... so now I no longer even consider in-store pick-up as an option.
Old 01-18-03, 04:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I placed an order for in store PU and when I arrived at 6:00PM to PU the order on the last day it was supposed to be available for PU BB.com had canceled the order. I called from the store and they said they would make a new order and ship it to me for free at the higher prices (sale was over) and then credit my account for the difference (sale prices). I just received an e-mail stating that they declined the price adjustment even though the original order shows they canceled it early.

I called and filed a complaint and said they could have the frigin DVD's back unless they adjusted the prices to reflect the sale prices like they said they would. I hate the fact that BB.com has to issue a case number every time you ask them something concerning an order.
Old 01-20-03, 12:20 PM

Right after the posting about the Donnie Darko price drop to 9.99 on BB.com (about 3 weeks ago), I assumed that the B&M would do the same thing. The DVD still rang up at the 22.99 price point, so I said forget it.

I walked over to their In-Store Kiosk and ordered it, along with a Fellowes 240 dvd rack that was 20 dollars cheaper (49.99 on BB.com 69.99 in store). I printed out the receipt, picked up the Donnie Darko DVD and the Storage rack, and walked up to customer service. They entered everything into the computer, and I walked out saving an instant 35 bucks.

As long as you get a friendly CSR at the desk and they arent that busy, anyone should be able to do the same.
Old 01-20-03, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by 5th_Wheel
I placed an order for in store PU and when I arrived at 6:00PM to PU the order on the last day it was supposed to be available for PU BB.com had canceled the order. I called from the store and they said they would make a new order and ship it to me for free at the higher prices (sale was over) and then credit my account for the difference (sale prices). I just received an e-mail stating that they declined the price adjustment even though the original order shows they canceled it early.

I called and filed a complaint and said they could have the frigin DVD's back unless they adjusted the prices to reflect the sale prices like they said they would. I hate the fact that BB.com has to issue a case number every time you ask them something concerning an order.
5th Wheel,

This happened to me during the 2 for $25 sale. I ordered two discs the last day of the sale and both were listed as available at the pick up location. Then I got an e-mail stating they actually weren't available and I could either select a new location, or have them shipped. I called up to find out what other location was available and she told me the order had been cancelled. I thought it wouldn't be a problem to change the pick up or shipping status, but evidently they have to cxl and reorder. Of course the sale was over, and the total came to $43. Not quite a bargain anymore. She put the order through for me via phone and indicated she put through a "credit" and it would appear as a separate charge. Not really trusting this, I must have called them at 4 separate times to check on the status of the credit. At one point, the rep was giving me a vibe the credit might not be honored. A day or so later, I got an e-mail about the credit, and my credit card account showed the entire amount promised $15. I had to ride them to get it, but I wouldn't have ordered otherwise, so keep on them. Good luck!
Old 01-21-03, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I ordered "Any Given Sunday-The Oliver Stone Collection" and "The Goonies" via their 2 for $25 deal along with one other DVD for in-store pickup. A day or so later, I got and email stating "Any Given Sunday" and "The Goonies" were unavailable and they were on backorder. The other DVD was available for pickup so I went and picked it up. While I was at the store, I checked to see if the other two DVD's were unavailable and they were indeed so. After a few more days, I received an email stating that these DVD's were on backorder. Then after a day or so, I received another email stating that the order was canceled and that I could re-order the DVD's. However the 2 for $25 deal was over and I would have to re-order them at a regular price. Before I could email them back asking I should get a chance to buy them at the sale price, I get another email stating that I could re-order the DVD's, at the regular price, having them delivered to me via next day shipping and handling (while being only charged $1.99) and then they would credit me the difference so I get them for what I would have paid for them when they were on sale orginially. I agreed to this, re-ordered the DVD's and the DVD's arrived to me a few days later. Then a week after that (this past weekend), I got a email saying that the $18.99 difference has been applied to my credit card and when I checked my account, it was. So all is good I guess.

LB...