Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

FYE.com question

Old 01-14-03, 10:43 AM

FYE.com question

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with FYE.com's backordering policy. They indicate that after 30 days they cancel your backorder and I was curious if in general, they are able to replace their stock and fulfill orders within that timeframe, or if they end up cancelling a lot. I understand this could vary by title (the title I want to order is in print, and is produced by ADV films), but would appreciate any feedback that could say if cancellations were the norm, the exception, or title-dependent.

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-14-03, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So far out of two items on backorder one has shipped and the other I expect to be cancelled because it is an OOP DVD title.
Old 01-14-03, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If it is a recent Dvd, I think they would probably get it pretty soon but I have never heard of Adv films though.

On my first order I got backordered email for Griffith Masterworks. Then on the very next day I got a shipping notice.

Not really sure how Fye.com works on shipping? So far I have received orders from FL, IL and OH. The OH order came 2nd day Fed Ex but the others have come priority mail.
Old 01-14-03, 09:10 PM

Thanks for the input. ADV produces a lot of anime titles, and for live action it does the Farscape and Andromeda TV shows. Their stuff isn't rare and the set I ordered is in print, so I'm not too worried, just curious.

Thanks again for the posts. If anyone else has any experience I'd love to hear about it.
Old 01-15-03, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, I was checking on a DVD order tonight and one of the DVDs is listed as "Item not found". Clicked the link in my order status page and it no longer exists on the FYE site. I don't know what the problem is since it was a recently released title and is available currently at Amazon. FYE hasn't cancelled it yet but think they would if it is no longer listed on their website for order.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 01-15-03 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-15-03, 06:45 AM

I got the same "Item not found" message when clicking a link from my order status page. I found the item by doing a normal search, must be a glitch.
Old 01-15-03, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by T. Bickle
I got the same "Item not found" message when clicking a link from my order status page. I found the item by doing a normal search, must be a glitch.
Thanks, you are correct. I just did a search and the title can be found by that method. Click the link on my order status page and it doesn't exist. But I still wonder if the not available status listed in my order will cause the item eventually to be cancelled. I need to call customer service about another order and should probably ask them about this.