Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon still shipping as available?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-02, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to include Road to Perdition in an order but not if I have to wait till 2/25 for the other items or pay the extra for separate shipments. Anyone get partials lately? (If this has been discussed recently, sorry, I couldn't find it anywhere)
Old 12-19-02, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts
Amazons shipping has been crap. I ordered stuff for xmas over a week ago and it still hasnt shipped. items were all 'ships in 2 or 3 days' or 'ships in 24 hours'. I think amazon is going to piss off a lot of people when their orders dont get to them before xmas.

-dave
Old 12-19-02, 04:01 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by bdots48
I'd like to include Road to Perdition in an order but not if I have to wait till 2/25 for the other items or pay the extra for separate shipments. Anyone get partials lately? (If this has been discussed recently, sorry, I couldn't find it anywhere)
Don't count on it. I preordered Amelie, Royal Tenenbaums, Speed and LOTR giftbox and my order didn't leave the warehouse until LOTR's release date. The only good thing out of this is that I was able to get a price adjustment on Amelie (price reduction from $19.99 to $14.99). Imagine Amazon kept my Amelie that long!

Anyway, you can try adding them to your cart and checkout to the last page where you actually place your order. If it says 2 shipments, then you are probably ok. If 1 shipment, you are more than likely hosed.
Old 12-20-02, 03:07 AM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by DaveNinja
Amazons shipping has been crap. I ordered stuff for xmas over a week ago and it still hasnt shipped. items were all 'ships in 2 or 3 days' or 'ships in 24 hours'. I think amazon is going to piss off a lot of people when their orders dont get to them before xmas.

-dave
indeed. have you considered going to the store and getting what you need instead of relying on something that you obviously hate?

if i need something for a presentation/gift/event/prize, I don't order online. there are too many variables. i would rather have the item in my hand. that, or I order christmas gifts in October.

now, when i don't want to pay out the ass for something, i'll use the free shipping. granted, your items have that low availability (2-3 day, 24 hour,) however, there are thousands of people just like you who ordered and are waiting the same amount of time.

Old 12-20-02, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have never had to wait long for my shipments from amazon to come in. I use amazon.ca more now and only wait two days at the most and it's already in my mail box. Deep Discount Dvd on the other had I had to wait a little over 2 weeks to get my order.
Old 12-20-02, 09:56 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I have good luck so far with Amazon's free shipping. Already received something ordered from last week, expecting several more to make it by X-mas, ordered this week. Of course I am cutting everything very tight though.