Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

deepdiscountdvd - the worst

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-02, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They sure know how to treat a first time buyer. I have tried unsuccesfully since the 30'th of November to place an order for a DVD. 10 days after I placed my order they said I should place it again. I did that and still nothing. It's been two weeks now and my order status has not been updated. No order numbers and they take ages to respond to your e-mails.

They might be cheap but they the worst online company I have ever dealt with. Never again.
Old 12-13-02, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Have you tried calling them? If you have a problem, it's always much more productive to actually talk to someone rather than just emailing them. This goes for all online companies.
Old 12-13-02, 01:55 AM

I live in South Africa. It will be a bit expensive.
Thanks for the reply.
Old 12-13-02, 06:02 AM
Banned

South Africa? I thought Region 1 DVDs don't work in South Africa.
Old 12-13-02, 10:37 AM

Maybe he has a region free player or is purchasing it as a gift (Walter, feel free to have it sent to me as a gift-I have a region 1 player).
Old 12-13-02, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They may be slow to deliver but if you go in knowing that DDD is simply the best online DVD store out there. I've never had one problem with them.

One time I did THINK I had a problem. It had been weeks and I hadn't recieved my copy of The Thing. I called and the rep said I should have recieved it by now, he agreed and offered to re-send it. i told him I would rather just pick it up at a B&M. The guy went ahead and credited my CC. When i got off the phone I told my gf and she reached into my shelf and pulled out a DVD. "Is this the one they didn't ship you?" Doh! I swear I can't remember recieving it. I felt guilty since they trusted my word about not getting it and called back. The rep told me he had already credited my account. Thanked me for being honest and said "Merry Christmas." I got to keep it for free.
Old 12-13-02, 10:58 AM
Banned

South Africa, I would tend to think DVDs would be much less expensive there. Hey waterg, why would you buy Region 1 discs that are more expensive?
Old 12-13-02, 02:31 PM

I have a multi-region player. Also DVD's here are really expensive and you can't find the more obscure titles.

Seriously though , almost two weeks now and still no order number. I guess it's back to Amazon , expensive but reliable.
Old 12-13-02, 04:01 PM
Banned

I ordered my first order from DDD last week for over $100 and it came within a timely matter. The only thing that I had trouble with was that one of the disc was loose in the case and all scratched up. I was a little mad, but know this happens sometimes. So I called them and no questions asked they are sending me a new dvd and a packaging slip to mail the flawed disc back to them. The disk shipped the next day and I think that thats the way to take care of a customer. I was happy with them and will be buying from them again.
Old 12-14-02, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not one problem with DDD and I have been ordering from them since they opened shop. Sorry to hear you are having problems with them.
Old 12-15-02, 02:25 PM

How long does it take for the DVD to arrive, my order was shipped like 12 days ago and still no DVD.
Old 12-15-02, 03:53 PM
Emeritus Reviewer

I just got a good sized order in with no problems. The pre-orders weren't in the box but otherwise... (I know some people would complain that the preorders, even those not pressed yet, should be in the box but I'm not one of them).
Old 12-15-02, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems that foreign orders often have problems. I never have problems, but I live ~ 200 miles (~ 300 kilometers) from them.
Old 12-17-02, 03:48 PM

DDD is making me nervous

Okay the feedbacks for DDD are quite mixed in here...I am not sure if I should be worry or not. I purchased 2 dvds yesterday with priority mail shipping so I can get it by this weekend for a Kris Kringle party. From all of your experiences with DDD, do you think I should cancel the order and buy it somewhere else? Amazon has it for double the cost...Tower Records listed this movie as Special orders (meaning taking up to 30 days to get it).
Aghh...all suggestions appreicated.
Old 12-17-02, 04:25 PM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Re: DDD is making me nervous

Originally posted by Paragon326
Okay the feedbacks for DDD are quite mixed in here...I am not sure if I should be worry or not.
I buy from them all the time (strangely enough, roughly twice a month - hmm...) and have never had any problems. There was one time an order was cancelled by them, but there was some weird problem with my credit card that was the fault of my credit union, NOT DDD's fault at all.

In other words, I recommend them absolutely. If you have problems, call 'em up!
Old 12-17-02, 04:56 PM
Cool New Member

I just put in a order of 230 dollars from them. One of my movies was the sixth sense vista series. It was back ordered and scheduled to ship on 12/22. It showed in stock when my order was placed. I was out at walmart this weekend and found it for the same price. I emailed them on 12/15 asking for it to be removed from my order. monday morning they say it cannot be removed because it was already shipped. most places will tell you right away and ask if you want to keep the item on order or let you remove it yourself. Not DDD you have to email them or call so they can do it. most places have a accurate website on what they have in stock. they said I could follow the instructions on the paper and send it back. So now I have to pay more money to get my money back on this movie. ddd is about a hour from me yet sometimes i still wait for a week to get my movie because they take so long to ship. also I have to pay tax because I'm in the same state. they didnt offer to pay shipping back to themn either. I shipped airplane 2 back last week and I'm yet to see a email or something on my order status page about them receiving it. all I can do is hope I get a refund. luckily I still have my receipt from wal mart for the sixth sense. from now on unless a movie is much cheaper at ddd I will be buying elsewhere. the in state taxes I have to pay and cruddy order system is enough to turn me away. could anyone recomend some good alternatives?

Chris

Last edited by mrchri5; 12-17-02 at 05:02 PM.
Old 12-17-02, 07:12 PM

Add one to the pro-DDD column. I've ordered from them many, many times, and have never had a problem. My orders have always arrived in a timely manner, sometimes even sooner than I was expecting. Sure, DDD is not amazon.com, and their processes might sometimes be a little clunkier and slower than their bigger competitors. But in my experience, you can't beat their prices too often and their service has been topnotch.
Old 12-17-02, 08:34 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had problems with them the first time I ordered to and have never used them again.

I've actually pretty much quit ordering stuff online period, with the only exception being b-day or x-mas presents for my brother who lives in Hawaii. Easier to have stuff shipped from a store than to buy it and go through the hassle of shipping it myself.

Otherwise, it's usually cheaper and less of a hassle to just stop in at Best Buy or circuit city on my way home from work or class.
Old 12-19-02, 12:34 PM

Good Job DDD!

So I called and emailed DDD expressing my uncertainty about the status of the DVDs that I ordered; and immediately, I received my order confirmation and tracking info. DDD responded very quickly and professionally. DDD have restored my confidence in their services. Upon receipt of my DVDs, I will be placing more orders.

Keep up the good job DDD and you will have me as a customer for sure.
Old 12-23-02, 01:40 PM

I've ordered from them several times and, while they're sometimes a little slow, never had a problem. I've also had to return box sets with damaged or missing discs twice and they handled the exchange promptly, which gives them bonus points in my eyes. If you choose their free media mail shipping option, you'll definitely wait for delivery, but who else offers free shipping on ANY item, with no minimum purchase.