Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Avoid Showwow.com like the plague

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 11-20-02, 10:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My experience with Showwow.com was the worst I have EVER had with a retailer, either online or storefront. I PRE-ordered Babylon 5 season one one week before the title street-dated. My credit card was charged that day. Two days after street-date (nine days after I ordered) I went onto their site to check on my order status. They listed me as back order. When I shopped their site that hour though they listed the title as in stock. I sent an e-mail asking how my pre-order could be back ordered when they list the item in stock, they said it was a data error and that they had in fact shipped my DVD set on 7 November, a week and a half after I had already placed my order. I waited until the 16th of November and still had not received my order. I e-mailed on the 16th and the 18th with no response. Finally I e-mailed again on the 19th saying simply "please respond to my inquiries." They replied by more or less saying "wait another week" before they would do anything. I finally received my DVD set today, November 20th, over three full weeks since I PRE-ORDERED my title. The worst part of all was that the postmark on my package was a full seven days after their claimed ship date of 7 November, indicating that they had lied to me earlier about having shipped it...they hadn't.

I will NEVER purchase a thing from Showwow.com again and would strongly discourage anyone else from doing so either.

Last edited by TREX1993; 11-20-02 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-21-02, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. And I thought *I* was the only one having a bad experience with them...

I also pre-ordered the Babylon 5 set from them - the Friday before the street date - and JUST received my set on the 19th. I got the same "wait another week" BS from them when I asked their customer service rep about the delay in shipping.

Another oddity is when I received my super-ultra-edition gift set of Spiderman - 2 weeks after I ordered it as well - it appeared to have come from a Best Buy. It had one of their stickers kinda torn off the package. Did this just fall off the proverbial truck?

Maybe that's why I had to wait so long to get the damn things...

This was the worst experience I've EVER had with an on-line retailer... EVER.