Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Yourfreedvds.com dvd versions question

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-02, 04:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a thread asking about the site but rather hoping someone can answer a question that I have been trying to get through them for over a month to no avail.

Some of their dvds specifically mention special edition etc., my question is do the ones that don't mention a special edition but show an image of it being one end up being special editions or does the image have nothing to do with what you end up getting unless it specifically says so?

They have a couple that I was going to get through them, like Fight Club and Notting Hill, instead of CH but am not sure what version I would be getting. Anyone happen to have any experience that can shed some light?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-21-02, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't waste 200 points on something you can get for $7 from CH. I think it's even iffy for 100 points.

So far, I've gotten Star Wars Ep. 1, and Notorious CC, which aren't available through CH, and list for $18 and $26 respectively at dvdpricesearch. I'm going to keep saving up 200 points at a time, to get some of the other criterions, or maybe just reorder Notorious cc to sell on eBay (so I can buy some other expensive titles I want).

Last edited by spyzdope; 11-21-02 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-22-02, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I already have a bunch of points that need to be used anyway. I just want to make sure and get the special edition versions so am trying to figure out if that includes just the ones that mention it or also the ones that show images of the box covers saying it.

I appreciate the reply as I am betting that is the only way I am going to know as they never respond.

Anyone else ever gotten a movie through them and received the special edition of a movie that didn't say it was specifically on the site?
Old 11-22-02, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know which versions they send, however I probably wouldn't trust the pictures, because they don't seem very concerned about good customer service at yourfreedvds.

However if this XB6D deal stays alive, I'm sure you could find plenty of people willing to trade 2 CH titles for one of the criterions from yourfreedvds on the exchange forum. Of course that's not the easiest thing to do because both CH and yourfreedvds have such a long delay before you receive your items.

Last edited by spyzdope; 11-22-02 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-28-02, 04:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks spyzdope.

Has anyone ordered Fight Club, Notting Hill, or Cast Away through them and were they the 2 disc and Ultimate Edition (Notting Hill) or 1 disc and Collector's Edition (Notting Hill)?