Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

New coupon from Digitaleyes.net

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-02, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$6 off $50 for used discs only
NOVEMBER, expires 11/30/02

I've contacted Mark from Digitaleyes.net about the availability of a coupon for new discs and will report when I hear back from him.

Last week I was able to snag a used The Hammer Collection, Requiem For A Dream and Rushmore: CC for $54.46 using an $8 of $60 coupon that has expired. Always worth to check out their used bins for criterions and box sets that fall through the cracks.

http://www.digitaleyes.net/useddvd.cfm

Also digitaleyes.net is great for selling your used DVDs. Here's a link to their quote machine. They are pretty picky regarding condition of the DVD but I think that pickiness is actually helpful because it ensures you get a quality product if you buy used dvds from them.
Old 11-18-02, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks for the info!

I was wondering where on the site digitaleyes has specifics about selling discs to them. Although I can get quotes on titles I have with the quote machine, is there specific info stated somewhere on how they reimburse you (check or credit?), method of shipping to them and how long the quote is good, etc.
Is this info listed on the site somewhere, as I couldn't find it?
Old 11-18-02, 01:06 PM

I want to thank everyone on this board who brought Digitaleyes.net to the forefront when the Brotherhood of the Wolf 3 disc set came out. I made my first round of purchases with that set and have conducted several transactions since without any disappointments.

I've traded in quite a few discs and found they give best trade prices around - much better even than the B&M stores in my area. The quote machine works wonderfully and doesn't allow much room for mistakes or misunderstanding.

I was concerned about the trade-in process before I tried it, but it proved to be very easy. I made sure the discs I traded were pristine however so it might be more complicated if any are worn. Once you receive your quote, finalize it through their system and it explains your options. You can be reimbursed via store credit (which gives you an additional 10% on the quote!), ask for a check by mail, or accept by Paypal. I've always opted for store credits and those came through in less than a week (including time for shipping the disks to them by Media Mail). The other options may take longer. I'd suggest you write to their customer service dept. for more detailed info. I did and they sent me a copy of the message that you get from their quote machine which explains everything fairly well.

As for processing the store credit, I just cashed in more than $100 and they applied it without any problem. They automatically apply your store credit (which is visible on your account page) to any purchase, applying those funds before billing the credit card for the remainder. Honestly, I expected it to mess up, but it all went through without a hitch.

All in all, I have no complaints whatsoever and would encourage anyone with extra DVD's to look into their service.

I've also purchased several used DVD's from them (Anime and Doctor Who) and can verify the condition was superb. For items that you don't find used in B&M stores very often, these are great deals.

Digitaleyes.net is a great outfit with competive pricing (especially with coupons and used discs), and excellent options for shipping, including free Media Mail (with 3 or more titles). They also have a frequent buyer system that accumulates store credit with each purchase. I look forward to trading in and purchasing from them again and am grateful that this forum pointed me in their direction.

Last edited by Hawkrune; 11-18-02 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-18-02, 01:22 PM

Thank you for the info, Hawkrune! I may look into selling used discs there.
Old 11-18-02, 01:29 PM

I always try to throw in some praise whenever I see a Digitaleyes.net thread, but Hawkrune covered it. Best all around dvd etailer, new or used.
Old 11-18-02, 01:29 PM

Originally posted by Hawkrune
I want to thank everyone on this board who brought Digitaleyes.net to the forefront when the Brotherhood of the Wolf 3 disc set came out. I made my first round of purchases with that set and have conducted several transactions since without any disappointments.

I've traded in quite a few discs and found they give best trade prices around - much better even than the B&M stores in my area. The quote machine works wonderfully and doesn't allow much room for mistakes or misunderstanding.

I was concerned about the trade-in process before I tried it, but it proved to be very easy. I made sure the discs I traded were pristine however so it might be more complicated if any are worn. Once you receive your quote, finalize it through their system and it explains your options. You can be reimbursed via store credit (which gives you an additional 10% on the quote!), ask for a check by mail, or accept by Paypal. I've always opted for store credits and those came through in less than a week (including time for shipping the disks to them by Media Mail). The other options may take longer. I'd suggest you write to their customer service dept. for more detailed info. I did and they sent me a copy of the message that you get from their quote machine which explains everything fairly well.

As for processing the store credit, I just cashed in more than $100 and they applied it without any problem. They automatically apply your store credit (which is visible on your account page) to any purchase, applying those funds before billing the credit card for the remainder. Honestly, I expected it to mess up, but it all went through without a hitch.

All in all, I have no complaints whatsoever and would encourage anyone with extra DVD's to look into their service.

I've also purchased several used DVD's from them (Anime and Doctor Who) and can verify the condition was superb. For items that you don't find used in B&M stores very often, these are great deals.

Digitaleyes.net is a great outfit with competive pricing (especially with coupons and used discs), and excellent options for shipping, including free Media Mail (with 3 or more titles). They also have a frequent buyer system that accumulates store credit with each purchase. I look forward to trading in and purchasing from them again and am grateful that this forum pointed me in their direction.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I too learned about digitaleyes.net from the BOTW posts throughout this forum and was a bit skeptical at first (I mean .net, what the hell is .net). Anyway, I placed my order for BOTW and Charade CC and was extremely pleased. Since then I have submitted many used discs in their quote machine and have received a fair price for each of them. They were even nice enough to speed my quote request so I could partake in the last round of coupons, what customer service. All the people I have dealed with, (Mark, Rob, and Jenn), have been helpful and acted on my requests for info and service immediately.
Old 11-18-02, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Do they also buy used adult titles?
Old 11-18-02, 03:32 PM
Banned

I like how Digital Eyes gave me Skittles. I bought a few Criterion titles from them when they had that $5 off $50 deal. Got some average deals and candy.
Old 11-18-02, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

is this, "one-time-use-only" coupon or what?
Old 11-18-02, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

so all the used dvds from digitaleyes are in mint condition? w/ the pamphlet?

b/c that is a pet peeve of mine w/ blockbuster. i picked up 4 dvds once, and the cashier wouldn't give me any of the inserts (the manager did last time, but she wasn't around). so i just said no thanks.
Old 11-18-02, 09:19 PM

Originally posted by young
so all the used dvds from digitaleyes are in mint condition? w/ the pamphlet?

b/c that is a pet peeve of mine w/ blockbuster. i picked up 4 dvds once, and the cashier wouldn't give me any of the inserts (the manager did last time, but she wasn't around). so i just said no thanks.
All the dvds I have received have included everything.
Old 11-18-02, 09:35 PM

All 4 used DVD's I purchased from them were mint and had the inserts. I also got the skittles too.......
Old 11-18-02, 09:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Red Dog
Do they also buy used adult titles?
Dvdescape.com does. I have rented from them and noticed that they buy and sell used adult dvd's. I have never sold to them, but they have been good with rentals.

Forgot to ask when I originally posted. I bought 4 used dvd's last night from Digitaleyes.net and was wondering if the disks they sell are in good condition? Do they gaurantee them? Thanks

Last edited by dvde; 11-18-02 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-18-02, 10:11 PM

Used from Digitaleyes.net

I've purchased many (TOO many - I have forbidden myself from going to their site for the time being due to my last credit card bill!) used discs from Digitaleyes.net, and they have all been mint, with all inserts, no scratches, and intact cases. They generally insert bubble wrap INSIDE the cases to keep the discs on their hubs. For media mail, their shipping is extremely quick and generally received within a week of ordering (I live in NYC).

To keep this in the "Bargains" section, my best deal from them was Robocop - Criterion Collection for $20. Mint, of course.

I have also sent in a few used discs to them. It worked smoothly; I selected the store credit option and sent by media mail to get maximum $ for my trade-ins. One thing to note: in case you have multiple copies of a particular title, notify them PRIOR to sending them in. Even though you may get a quote from their "Quote Machine," they do not guarantee acceptance on everything sent in (although I worked out a deal with them when I did this - they were very friendly and accomodating).

Is there anyone out there that had a used disc submission rejected?

Of note with their coupons: they are one-time use only. I think it may be POSSIBLE to apply them to more than one order, but they check all coupon use manually and if you use it more than once they will not honor the second usage. **Don't abuse them and try to sneak multiple coupon use past them - they are friendly and willing to offer discounts, but if abused (like some other offers posted to this board) they will be less likely to offer future discounts**
Old 11-18-02, 10:56 PM

Re: Used from Digitaleyes.net

[i] **Don't abuse them and try to sneak multiple coupon use past them - they are friendly and willing to offer discounts, but if abused (like some other offers posted to this board) they will be less likely to offer future discounts** [/B]
Exactly, I respect digitaleyes so much with their helpful service and fair prices even if there was a price mistake I wouldn't partake in it and would probably let them know about it. They are that good of an online retailer.
Old 11-19-02, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I decided to sell them a bunch of discs, almost $150 worth. Very fair prices. I'll be shipping today and will post my experience.
Old 11-19-02, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i thank you for the replies regarding the quality of the used dvds. will have to check them out.
Old 11-19-02, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Used from Digitaleyes.net

Originally posted by nycbrent
Is there anyone out there that had a used disc submission rejected?
Yep, I've had four rejected, and I thought I took great care of my stuff... They're very picky about what they accept -- which should mean that the used DVDs for sale are in terrific condition...
Old 11-19-02, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
They do have a coupon for new customers: IAMNEW. It is $5 off $50. Plus when you order 3 DVDs, you can get free shipping (media mail). Just took advantage of both deals.

I like them because you can use paypal.

I will definitely use these guys for selling off used DVDs.
Old 11-19-02, 09:56 PM

Re: Re: Used from Digitaleyes.net

Originally posted by adamblast
Yep, I've had four rejected, and I thought I took great care of my stuff... They're very picky about what they accept -- which should mean that the used DVDs for sale are in terrific condition...
What happens with DVDs they reject? Do you pay to have them shipped back to you? And do they explain the reason for the rejection -- faint scratch, bent insert, etc.? Must the DVDs reach them within a certain time frame from the original quote? Just wondering on this because if I sent it media mail from Hawaii, it would possibly take 4 to 6 weeks to get there. If I send it Priority, it will be pretty costly.

Thanks for any info!
Old 11-20-02, 12:43 AM

Call them at (800) 649-9351

They are great at answering any questions you have...
Old 11-23-02, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

any new coupon for december?

thanx
Old 11-23-02, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DVD DVD DVD
Do NOT trust Digital Eyes for buying back used DVDs. They switch discs on you.
You already posted this in the store forum. So far, it's an unsubstantiated accusation.

Apparently you haven't even contacted them about this and tried to find out why it might have happened, but simply jumped to a conclusion.

I've sent them AT LEAST 10 shipments of multiple used discs, and have never had any problems.

After many, many orders for both buying and selling, my experience is that digitaleyes.net is a company with integrity and good service.
Old 11-23-02, 03:07 PM

..... or, presumably, they send you back your defective disc and you say "oh yeah, I forgot about that scratch."

How about giving them a chance before you bully them into a position with numerous postings?

Note, I am the first to join a fight against a shady retailor, but no one else (myself included) has stepped forward with similar stories. Crazy as it sounds to you right now, you may be jumping the gun here.

In any case good luck,

B.
Old 11-23-02, 03:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know what I really hate? People that can go to forums, such as this, and post ridiculous posts. Digital Eyes has been in business before dvd was even on the market, dating back to the LD days (for those who are new to home theatre and don't know what a LD is, it's Laser Disc, a record sized dvd). Do you actually think they would ruin a long run in a successful business to screw you out of one dvd? Give me a break! I can recall that there was a middleman in all of this, it's called the US mail. Things do get damaged while in the US mail system, not on every trip, maybe just 1 in a 100, but they DO GET DAMAGED. That's if they even went out in pristine condition. You know what, I'm over this post! Dude relax and stop posting junk without proof!

Last edited by dvde; 11-23-02 at 03:40 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.