Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deep Discount DVD - processing orders I didn't place

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-23-02, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll see a few posts down from here that Deep Discount DVD didn't process one order that I placed.

Today, they processed an order from my that I didn't place! I got an email thanking me for a purchase that I didn't make. The order history on their website is useless. It quit showing my history in July. I called DDD and they had no record of my order which I didn't place.

They told me to disreguard the order, and had no explanations for what happened. That's not very comforting. So I changed my passoword. I'm not sure what else to do other than keep my CC company's phone number handy.
Old 10-28-02, 12:43 PM

It seems that DDD isn't so bad after all. They've personally contacted me to apologize and make things right by offering me a significant discount. I don't like it when companies make mistakes, but handling the mistakes well is admirable.
Old 10-30-02, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was it their mistake, or had somebody placed the order with your credit card number?
Old 11-05-02, 04:34 PM

I'm curious to know whether this turned out okay. It's just happened to me. I placed my first order with Deep Discount DVD and received a confirmation, then a second confirmation of an order I didn't place. (It included the item I did order.)

When I contacted them, they told me the order has already been prepared for shipping and I should just mark it return to sender when I receive it and they will issue a refund when they get it back. I wasn't offered a discount. As this is my first experience with DDD, I'm not very happy with the company and don't plan to shop there in the future.
Old 11-08-02, 04:24 AM
kez

it seems to me that there are far more unhappy experiences with DDD than good ones.

and still, people use them
Old 11-11-02, 01:22 PM

I've mostly seen (here and elsewhere) good reports about DDD, but having had a bad experience myself, I won't use them again.
Old 11-11-02, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I've ordered from DDD dozen of times and never have any problem with them. My most recent order from them is Beauty and the Beast DVD. It took a few extra days after the release date to arrive at my place. But I picked the free shipping so I'm not complaining. Just thought you guys might want to know there is someone who is a satisfied DDD customer.
Old 11-11-02, 07:17 PM

That's why I was surprised to have a problem. I checked them out before I ordered and I've only seen a few complaints. Any store is going to have some unsatisfied customers. This time it just happened to be me.
Old 11-11-02, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have had some problems with them but I was still willing to order from them again but I can not get anything to go into my cart for the past 2 days. I have not seen a response from any DDD rep. in awhile.
Old 11-12-02, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ernestrp
I have had some problems with them but I was still willing to order from them again but I can not get anything to go into my cart for the past 2 days. I have not seen a response from any DDD rep. in awhile.
I had that same problem a while back. They told me to logout and in again, and that still didn't work. They also had me clear my cookies and did something on their end. You may want to call them and tell them what is happening...
Old 11-12-02, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by boc4ever
I had that same problem a while back. They told me to logout and in again, and that still didn't work. They also had me clear my cookies and did something on their end. You may want to call them and tell them what is happening...
I think I have the same problem as you did. I received an email from Rick at DDD from my message here. I did what he said clear the internet content, history and cookies. But it was still the same and then logout and loged in again and I still get this error message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Diagnostic Information

An error occurred while evaluating the expression:

theNowPrice = dvdItem.nowPrice * 0.01

Error near line 404, column 11.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cannot convert to number.

Please, check the ColdFusion manual for the allowed conversions between data types

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFSET), occupying document position (404:5) to (404:49) in the template file /u02/web/deepdvd/cart.cfm.

Date/Time: Tue Nov 12 19:28:45 2002
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows 98)
Remote Address: 165.247.95.41
HTTP Referrer: http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=FXD001224
Query String: itemid=FXD001224
Old 11-13-02, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ernestrp
I think I have the same problem as you did. I received an email from Rick at DDD from my message here. I did what he said clear the internet content, history and cookies. But it was still the same and then logout and loged in again and I still get this error message:

Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Diagnostic Information

An error occurred while evaluating the expression:

theNowPrice = dvdItem.nowPrice * 0.01

Error near line 404, column 11.

Cannot convert to number.

Please, check the ColdFusion manual for the allowed conversions between data types

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFSET), occupying document position (404:5) to (404:49) in the template file /u02/web/deepdvd/cart.cfm.

Date/Time: Tue Nov 12 19:28:45 2002
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows 98)
Remote Address: 165.247.95.41
HTTP Referrer: http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=FXD001224
Query String: itemid=FXD001224
That looks familiar. Give them a call on the 800 number tomorrow and they should be able to fix it for you. After they did it for me, it never happened again. I remember how annoying it was trying to spend my $ and it just wouldn't let me!
Old 11-13-02, 06:48 AM

Hmm, today I received an order confirmation from DeepDiscountCD for a disc that I had already received last week. Sounds like DDCD is having some of the same problems as DDD.

Odd, this is my first problem with the company.

-Brian

Last edited by BJacks; 11-13-02 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-13-02, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yeah, i got a confirmation email for the 2 dvds i already received last week! i never got a confirm. before so i guess this is it but i'm hoping that they aren't resending the 2 discs on accident!

if anyone knows anything please let me know if i should be worried. (it's the 1st time i've ordered thru them)
Old 11-13-02, 04:58 PM
DeepDiscount.com

Dear DVDTalk Members,

I would like to apologize for the duplicate emails that some of you received yesterday for previously placed orders. This was due to an error with one of our email servers. I can assure you that you were not charged for any additional items and that the order was not shipped a second time.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and I thank you all for your business.

Sincerely
David Barker
DeepDiscountDVD.com
Old 11-13-02, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I finally got it working again and placed an order. I hope I do not regret it.
Old 11-13-02, 07:19 PM

Thanks for the update, David. Nice to hear you guys are staying on top of things, and especially nice to see you posting here. I continue to be a happy DDD customer.

-Brian
Old 11-13-02, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thanks for the update!
Old 11-14-02, 02:11 PM

My first order with them was for the Episode I DVD last year. I've ordered many more DVDs from them and have never messed up any of my orders. I am very happy with them and their service.