Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

musicland will now be combine with best buy online!!!!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-02, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received this email , hopefully this means i can use my sam goody giftcards at best buy

Dear Valued Customer:

This message is to notify you of the upcoming changes to our privacy policy and is not a marketing message. We are constantly striving to make your experience with us as fun and rewarding as possible. As part of our continuing efforts, we have updated our privacy policy in order to communicate with you in a more effective manner.

The Musicland Group, Inc. includes the properties of Sam Goody, Media Play, Suncoast and On Cue. As you may be aware, Musicland was acquired by Best Buy at the beginning of 2001. In order to deliver the best possible service to you, we plan on combining the information contained in our database with that of our parent company, Best Buy. If you do not want us to combine information you have previously provided to us, please click here no later than November 4, 2002.

The updated Musicland privacy policy will be effective October 31, 2002. Any information you provide while on our Web sites or in our retail stores after that date will be handled according to the updated policy. If you are interested in reviewing the updated policy, click here.

Musicland's firm commitment to providing a secure and safe shopping environment and respecting your privacy has not changed. If you have any questions about any of our changes or about our privacy policy, just send us an e-mail at [email protected].

Please note that if you have provided multiple e-mail or mailing addresses to the Musicland Web sites or retail stores, you may receive this notification for each address provided. If you don't want us to combine the information you provided to us in the past, you will need to opt out for each address.

Sincerely,

The Musicland Group, Inc.
a subsidiary of Best Buy Co., Inc
Old 10-08-02, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I doubt you'll be able to as they still seem to be run as separarte companies.
Old 10-08-02, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,356 Likes on 928 Posts
Sounds to me like they are just going to share their customer data bases.
Old 10-08-02, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wonder how this is going to affect Replay (frequent buyer) accounts with Musicland companies. I'm sure in the near-term, nothing will change. But a year from now... hmmm...
Old 10-08-02, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So now Muisiclands website will suck as much as BestBuy.com
Old 10-08-02, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just so long as those $18.99 to $20.99 per compact disc prices don't start infecting the Best Buys, I'm okay with this.

People who actually purchase new discs (CD or DVD) from Sam Goody, Suncoast or other Musicland stores have my pity.
Old 10-08-02, 07:31 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I went into Suncoast because of a sign that read, "Save big when pre-ordering titles". I talked to the manager and asked him how much I would save if I pre-ordered some titles. He told me that sometimes as much as $1 off the msr, but more importantly they would make sure they held one for me. It was all I could do not to laugh in his face. Paying full msr, plus tax! Also the idea that they would hold a title. I have 2 Best Buys, Circut City, K-Mart, Walmart, and a dozen other stores within 20 minutes of me. I really don't have to ever worry about something selling out. I think I will stick with the web.
Old 10-09-02, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i was wondering the same thing as grunter. will BB's prices go up or will musicland's price's go down?