Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Direct Tv Screw Job

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Direct Tv Screw Job

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-02, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Direct Tv Screw Job

AS DirecTV owners know, the customer service is the PITS. But yesterday was the lowest of lows. I had the NHL package last year, and I don't want it this year. I called to cancel and she said they could do that, but there is a 5 phone fee (WHICH THEY WILL WAIVE - NICE PEOPLE REALLY)

. As you know, sports subscriptions are automatic - so this is a scam if you don't want a subscription for next year..WHAT A JOKE. I hate their GOD DAMN NICKEL AND DIME FEES (Actually 5 bucks isn't nickel and dimed!)
Old 10-03-02, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So they automatically renew your sports subscription, then charge you to cancel it? That is just plain rude.

I currently have DirectTV after I had Dish Network for ~ 5 years, I will be going back to Dish Network next February, once my mandatory 12 months are in.

One thing I don't like about DirectTV is that my signal will cut out with the lightest of rains, with Dish Network it had to be a torrential downpour for my signal to cut out.

Kind of reminds me of the magazine "Readers Digest". I had subscribed to them in the early 90s but decided to stop receiving it, so I just didn't pay my bill. I figured "if I don't pay, they will know that I don't want the magazine". Wrong, they had implemented a policy similar to DirectTVs, where they consider that you want the magazine unless you write to them telling them to stop sending the magazines. After receiving three or four magazines into the next subscription they finally stopped sending them, but for a year afterwards I received these real nasty letters from them, telling me that I owed them $22 (or so), that they would be contacting collection agencys, that they had done the honorable thing by continueing my subscription, now I should do the honorable thing and pay for it, etc etc etc. They were amusing, I kept most of them.

Last edited by Heat; 10-03-02 at 12:02 PM.