Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Office Depot to have Store at Amazon.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-02, 02:38 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Target, Toys R Us, Borders, Office Depot, what's next?

DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Amazon.com Inc. Friday launched a store on its Web site with products from Office Depot Inc., the companies said.

Financial terms of the alliance weren't disclosed.

The companies said the site will offer more than Office Depot 50,000 items, including technology products and home office furniture, in addition to the office-related products already available at Amazon.com.

There's a shared "checkout" for all merchandise, whether purchased from Amazon.com or Office Depot, the companies said.

Under the terms of the multiyear agreement, Amazon.com will process the transaction for the customer while Office Depot will manage inventory and product fulfillment of their merchandise through their national network of distribution centers.

Also, Office Depot will provide all customer service associated with Office Depot product orders placed on Amazon.com. Amazon.com will provide customer service related to Web site functionality and credit card transactions, the companies said.

Bruce Nelson, chairman and chief executive officer of Office Depot, said the alliance "provides us the ability to effectively reach a vitally important and large customer segment of online personal-use shoppers."

Office Depot, which is based in Delray Beach, Fla., had 853 office supply superstores in the United States and Canada as of June 29.

Internet retail giant Amazon.com is based in Seattle.

http://www.amazon.com/officedepot
If you copy the link w/o the word "dvdtalk", it will work. The board keeps adding "dvdtalk to my link.
Old 09-08-02, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I also note that an item I ordered for $34.95 just before this announcement is now $64.95 through "Office Depot/Amazon".

Glad I ordered the item already, but that doesn't bode well as far as I am concerned.