Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon free shipping thoughts

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-02, 02:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone else experienced this with the free super saver shipping. You place your order and it does not ship out untill a week or two after you order it....my friend and i orderd the exact same camera within 2 minues of eachother and his has shipped and my is not scheduled to ship for another week, even though the site says the item is in stock and ships in 24 hrs...Just thought it was weird, maybe becouse i used the free shipping it does not have the priority that most who pay the extra money to have there shipping upgraded...has anyone experienced this

Last edited by hungskater; 08-18-02 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-18-02, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Super Saver Shipping can take up to 3 to 5 extra days like Amazon says on their page. I've never had an order take as long as weeks to ship when using the Super Saver Shipping. Every order I have placed on their site since they started the Super Saver Shipping has qualified for it, and I've used it with no trouble at all.

You might want to email them or call them and see what's up.
Old 08-18-02, 03:21 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I placed an order for a $150 DVD boxset yesterday with the free Super Saver shipping and it shipped out today. Actually, I placed the order yesterday late morning and it entered shipping soon status in the afternoon, and it shipped out with Priority Mail today.
Old 08-18-02, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I receive my orders in the same time period........

Your problem is probably an item which is listed in-stock and it is actually out of stock causing the delay. I have had preorders ship out around the day of release and received within the week. No difference then if I would have chosen for them to ship it first class.
Old 08-19-02, 08:31 AM
Cool New Member

I have had quick and slow responses using the free shipping. I have had an item in my hands 3 days later, and I have had an item that didn't ship for 10 days. I don't know why the delay between them but it does seem to depend on the item and where it is really shipping from.