Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Cdnow

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-02, 04:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cdnow

I couldn't get a straight answer from the website so I wanted to ask here, If I do some pre-order's and they come out on different days will I be charged for shipping $3 twice or will they just charge me $3 + $.99?
thanks
Old 08-17-02, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

You'll have to pay the $3 once. The subsequent shipments will only be charged $.99 per item.
Old 08-19-02, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 911 Likes on 554 Posts
Yep...although I'm a bit preturbed with CDNow, now. I had a preorder for items being released on three separate dates. When ordering, I paid a premium charge for 2nd day shipping. The first shipment - no problem, shipped UPS Blue. The second was shipped USPS on a Thursday, and arrived on the following Monday - three days, but the same transit time as if they'd shipped it Blue, so I was OK with it. However...I came home from work today, expecting to find Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown (both shipped last Friday) and found NOTHING. If they're not here tomorrow, I'm gonna be quite pissed with them.
Old 08-20-02, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 911 Likes on 554 Posts
It looks like I'm officially quite pissed at them.
Old 08-23-02, 12:46 PM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
PLEASE CDNow--Ship my Sopranos Season Three TODAY! I'd REALLY be happy to receive it on the release date, 8/27. ANYONE else ordered this/have any info.???
Old 08-23-02, 07:21 PM

Re: Cdnow

Originally posted by FamilyGuyFZ
If I do some pre-order's and they come out on different days will I be charged for shipping $3 twice or will they just charge me $3 + $.99?
thanks
I pre-ordered 8 different pre-orders coming out on separate dates. I paid the $3 plus $.99 per title, and so far 5 of them have shipped. All five were shipped Priority Mail. The first one was charged $3 plus .99 for shipping, all the rest have been only .99 each for shipping.

This is BY FAR the best deal on the web for shipping in my book. Amazon (and others) offer free shipping, but they generally only commit to shipping media mail and hold everything until it is all in-stock. CDNow has shipped every item out as soon as it is in-stock via Priority Mail (their cost, $3-4 each shipment!). And unlike Canadian companies, they don't charge your CC until it ships.

You're probably aware of it , but don't miss the 19% off link (I think it's still good);
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showth...40&pagenumber=1
Old 08-23-02, 11:50 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

How come every anime DVD I order goes on backorder but their website says it is in stock to ship in 3 days? ANNOYING.
Old 08-23-02, 11:53 PM

Originally posted by uteotw
PLEASE CDNow--Ship my Sopranos Season Three TODAY! I'd REALLY be happy to receive it on the release date, 8/27. ANYONE else ordered this/have any info.???
I am in the same boat. Should have pre-ordered from dvdsoon. I read somewhere on the forums that someone got it a full week early from them.
Old 08-24-02, 01:34 PM

Originally posted by paul dd

I am in the same boat. Should have pre-ordered from dvdsoon. I read somewhere on the forums that someone got it a full week early from them.
I hear ya. My order now (Saturday, 8/24) says "processing," but I SURE hope it SHIPS today too. I'm NOT gonna be pleased if it doesn't ship until Monday or so... DVDSoon.................DOH!
Old 08-27-02, 02:59 PM

Originally posted by uteotw

I hear ya. My order now (Saturday, 8/24) says "processing," but I SURE hope it SHIPS today too. I'm NOT gonna be pleased if it doesn't ship until Monday or so... DVDSoon.................DOH!
EDIT: The status changed from "processing" to "shipped" late on 8/26, and The Sopranos Complete Third Season arrived TODAY, 8/27! Great work, CDNow for getting it to me on the release date! Thanks!!
Old 08-29-02, 10:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Man, are they good!

Friends: S2 shipped yesterday (8/28) for delivery tomorrow (8/30)...4 days early!