Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

How is Second Spin for selling?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 08-13-02, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

I'm thinking about selling off some CD's that I haven't listened to in a while, and I was hoping someone has advice, experience, what have you about Second Spin. Did some checking and it looks like the prices they pay out are very reasonable. If anyone can help me out, or knows of other places like this where I'll get a better deal, it'd be much appreciated.
Old 08-13-02, 02:18 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I sold about $400 worth of stuff to Second Spin and had them return just 2 items to me. They paid very fast. The only problem is that you have to pay your own shipping/insurance/confirmation, so if you are not selling a lot of stuff or expensive stuff, your profits are going to be small. I used Spun.com a lot as well. If you sell more than $75 worth of stuff, they pay for shipping. But with them, you better make sure you have no scratches or any kind of marks on the disc or they reject them and don't send them back to you unless you pay for the return shipping. They are also very fast.
Old 08-13-02, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by RonG617
...But with them, you better make sure you have no scratches or any kind of marks on the disc or they reject them and don't send them back to you unless you pay for the return shipping...
Which is why I like to buy from them. I've bought maybe 20 CDs from them over a few different orders, and all have been in good to mint condition.

As of a couple of years ago, they would also buy CDs that had a notch cut in to the case (radio promotional CDs), which was also nice.

As a buyer, I've been very happy with them.
Old 08-13-02, 06:15 PM

I was very happy with SecondSpin since I was able to sell them lots and lots and lots of VHS titles that I no longer wanted and that were not selling on eBay anyway.
Old 08-15-02, 01:35 PM

Happy with my two SecondSpin selling experiences. Kinda surprised when they returned 4-5 of my CDs in one order (they played perfectly), but, yeah, that makes me more confident about buying from them (which I haven't done yet). Their CD selling prices are much better than Spun's. I used to sell (and buy) from Spun, but the prices are now skewed too much against the seller. (Plus, you can get cash from SecondSpin. Spun requires you to buy their stuff, or get docked 50%.)
Old 08-15-02, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I can get $.25 for this!

Old 08-15-02, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
That's a great album.