Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Bestprices.com are they reliable?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-02, 08:17 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am wondering how reliable is bestprices.com. I did a quick search and nothing turned up.
Old 07-18-02, 08:37 PM

I ordered the Monty Python's Flying Circus set from them a couple weeks ago, and had no problems with them.. They shipped it the first business day after I ordered, shipping was reasonable for what I got, and it arrived within a week. I'd definately order from them again.
Old 07-19-02, 01:50 AM
Suspended

I get most of my Anime through them. Fast, reliable and great CSR folks. So far, I've probably dropped 500 bucks at their store - if that's anything to go by.
Old 07-19-02, 05:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you are preordering stuff like Farscape and other ADV titles . Make sure you preorder them long in advance. For some reason bestprices never orders enough. I preordered 1 month before release and they still ran out before they sent mine.

Otherwise they are a good store

capt
Old 07-19-02, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great e-tailer.... but like the CaptDS9E said, order early....
Old 07-19-02, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I've used them several times (not on any pre-orders, however) and have NEVER had a problem.
Old 07-19-02, 06:15 PM
Cool New Member

Thank you, I'm not using them for a pre-order. They have some decent prices over there even with shipping.
Old 07-20-02, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have used them a few times and they seemed okay but slow in shipping and receiving items considering they charge for shipping, like 3.50, I think.

The last order I had with them was for Bride of Frankenstein which was/is OOP. On the day I ordered their web site claimed to have 9 in-stock. I received an email saying my order was processing waited several days and no shipping notice but it was still in-stock. I emailed them and was told it would ship right away. A few hours later I received an email saying sorry that it was no longer available so my order was cancelled. Checked their web site and it said 0 were in-stock and said oh well. The next day I go to their web site and try the title, now they state they have 11 copies in-stock. They got several emails from me until they removed it. I will not use them again, seems a little fishy to me.