Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Weird Verizon sales people behavior?or am I seeing things here?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-02, 07:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

at my local mall, Solano Mall in Fairfield, CA the Verizon guys every time I go by there booths(they have more than onebooth in this mall) are always trying to get me to get buy a cell phone. Now I go to the Everet Mall in Everett , WA and they do not hassle me or do anything at all. Strange huh?

I wonder if these people know that by bugging shoppers as they run their own errands at the mall turns them off on buying thier product? I know it does for me.

The mall at home has a lot of people walking it for exerise, window shopping, shopping etc. It's close to Travis AFB. The mall is in the county seat. For some reason unknown to me, Verizon I assume wants everybody to have a cell phone.If I wanted a cell phone, I'd buy one of my own free will.None of this hassling me and others. Sometimes I think of them as carnival "barkies" always trying to get people to play the games there.

Are all verizon sales people this way at my local mall? I wonder why they are such a low key presence at my brother's local shopping mall?

Are they this bad in your mall?
Anyone care to share your feelings towards this behavior from this company and it's booth's at malls?Or am I seeing things here?
Old 07-04-02, 10:29 PM
Banned

mods feel free to move this to "other" or someplace more fitting! Thanks!
Old 07-05-02, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Aaron Amos
mods feel free to move this to "other" or someplace more fitting! Thanks!
Since this is about a store, it belongs here.

However, I see nothing strange about Verizon wanting everyone in the world to use their products and services; that's how businesses operate and think. My $.02.
Old 07-06-02, 02:26 PM
Banned

Originally posted by stevevt

Since this is about a store, it belongs here.

However, I see nothing strange about Verizon wanting everyone in the world to use their products and services; that's how businesses operate and think. My $.02.
Maybe they are more polite up here than back home in California? Or maybe the demand of everyone having a cell phone is lesser here than back home?