Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon treats me right

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon treats me right

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-02, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon treats me right

A week or so ago I ordered a CamCorder from Amazon. I actually posted a question about it here before I ordered because I noticed that the price had gone up $20 on their site, but the camera sitting in my basket had stayed at the $550

It's one of those deals where the price can't be advertised so I had to put it in my basket to even see the price. The camera has an MSRP of $699, is available at every major retailer for $599 and Amazon had it for $550.

I had a couple GCs and an 10% off coupon, but I still wasn't sure if I'd buy the camera or not so I just left it there for 4 days or so. I hop online the following week and notice that the price has been raised to $570, but I see that the item in my basket was still at $550.

Not wanting to lose out on my deal, I ordered the item at $550 -$50 (10% off) -$20 of GC's for about $480 to my credit card.

Well, 4 or 5 days pass and I hop onto Amazon.com again and low and behold the camera is now priced at $499!!! They had dropped it $50 (or $70 actually) since the point I had ordered it. Well I'm all bummed out because I realize that by waiting I could have shaved another $50 off.... but what to do? I search the Amazon site and there doesn't seem to be any "low price gurantee within 30 days" or anything AND by this point I've also found out that the 10% off coupon that I used was specifically NOT ALLOWED for CamCorders! (even though it worked for me)

So I think, well, I already got $50 off that I shouldn't have... so maybe I should just call it even.

But just for the heck of it I send their customer service people an e-mail telling them what happened. Within 10 hours they had replied with a personalized e-mail telling me that since there were so few days between my placing the order and the price drop, that they would credit my credit card the $50 difference!

I replied, thanking them, and recieved another very nice personalized e-mail telling me that they appreciated my business and that my e-mail would be forwarded to the original CSR who had helped me out.

Just a little thumbs-up to a company who gets a lot of flak here sometimes.

Last edited by new2theplace; 06-27-02 at 04:33 AM.