Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone having trouble with DDD?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-02, 07:40 PM
Defunct Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been having trouble with Deep Discount DVD all day...is anyone else? I can browse without any problems, but when I try to add something to my cart, I get an "Error Occurred While Processing Request" error. Then if I hit back anything I do on their site gives the same error. I wait an hour or so, and the same thing happens again. I could understand if thier server was down, but why can I browse untill I add something to my cart? (And I'm calling up new titles just to make sure I'm not loading from buffer.) I've deleted cookies, but that doesn't help.

Am I the only one?

-Videophile
Old 06-15-02, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
This happens to me when I search for a title. Was able to add items to my cart though.
Old 06-15-02, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Same problem here...just keep refreshing, sooner or later you'll get through.
Old 06-16-02, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Try deleting your cookies. Once I wasn't able to add anything to my cart, but once I deleted my cookies, it worked.
Old 06-16-02, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm having problems with an order with them. (This is the first time I've ever had a problem with an order in about 10 that I have placed with them.) I placed a 10 item order at the end of May and all the titles that have been available so far have shipped. However, one title was listed as shipped on their status screen, but I never got an email to say that it has shipped. (My credit card has been charged for the title.)

All of the other titles that I ordered I received in no less than 3-4 days from the date that DDD said they had shipped them and I didn't use any kind of expedited shipping.

I know media mail can take a while, but we're almost nearing the end of the 5-10 day period when DDD says that you can expect your orders once they have shipped.

I emailed customer service and they said that the title shipped as it says on my order status screen and they were sorry that I didn't get an email and was notified of the shipment. (Why didn't it notify me for that one title?)

Well needless to say, I hope I see my DVD soon....
Old 06-16-02, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I am in PA and I placed an order on Sunday night from DDD, I received it yesterday (Saturday) when it was shipped on Tuesday. Given we are in the same state, and it took only 3 days really, I would keep on them.
Old 06-16-02, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Bill Geiger
I am in PA and I placed an order on Sunday night from DDD, I received it yesterday (Saturday) when it was shipped on Tuesday. Given we are in the same state, and it took only 3 days really, I would keep on them.
Bill,

Thanks for the update. We don't live that far apart anyway, I'm in the Valley Forge area.

I believe from what I calculated this coming Tuesday will be 10 business days from the date when they said the item shipped. If I don't have it by then, I'm going to send a "What's up?" email to them and if I don't get any satisfaction from that, I'll give them a couple more days and then dispute the charge since it already showed up on my CC statement. It will be the first time I've ever had to do that with any company.
Old 06-16-02, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Anyone having trouble with DDD?

Originally posted by videophile
I've been having trouble with Deep Discount DVD all day...is anyone else? I can browse without any problems, but when I try to add something to my cart, I get an "Error Occurred While Processing Request" error. Then if I hit back anything I do on their site gives the same error. I wait an hour or so, and the same thing happens again. I could understand if thier server was down, but why can I browse untill I add something to my cart? (And I'm calling up new titles just to make sure I'm not loading from buffer.) I've deleted cookies, but that doesn't help.

Am I the only one?

-Videophile
I had that problem on Saturday too. I could browse around fine; just couldn't get to the cart.
Old 06-16-02, 12:03 PM

It seems their website is down today... Anyone able to log on?
Old 06-16-02, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

first DDD has a shipping place in PA? that news to me, but it has been awhile since i ordered anything. EDIT: heh you and the other poster are in the same state, PA, you weren't talking about DDD. my bad.

last night i tried making an order everything was fine until i tried to check out kept getting some error page, check if server is working...

Last edited by Venom; 06-16-02 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-17-02, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Blake
Same problem here...just keep refreshing, sooner or later you'll get through.
That's what I do too. Considering the savings it's worth the trouble