Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Is DDD bad at answering customer Emails?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 05-20-02, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sent them an Email as I cannot reach this site, but it wasn't answered. Sure, it was just 5 days ago, but I did not receive a confirmation to say that it had been received on their side as well. I'm up to just over a month since the last time I was able to reach the DDD website so it's making it a tad hard to order DVD's there (there is one I'm trying to order since they have the best price by far). My ISP was totally useless in helping me (but they are pretty incompetent anyways), so I was hoping that DDD could give me a hand with being able to connect with getting a Server not found message.

I know someone from there reads the board, maybe he could give me a heads up or something.
Old 05-20-02, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You should always receive back an automated reply saying your message was received. If you didn't get this, chances are they never got your message. I've always had my e-mails answered by a live person within 24 hours.
Old 05-20-02, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 587 Likes on 473 Posts
I got pretty quick responses to several I sent back in December.
Old 05-20-02, 01:28 PM

Re: Is DDD bad at answering customer Emails?

Originally posted by Feneant
I'm up to just over a month since the last time I was able to reach the DDD website
Since there has not been a problem noted by multiple people that the DDD website can't be reached, it is likely to have something to do with your browser settings. Lots of possibilities of course, the most usual one is that your bookmark may have gotten corrupted, you may have a bad cookie, etc. Have you tried to type in the site address rather than using your bookmark? Have you tried to get rid of cookies and history, etc.

As far as responses from DDD, I have always gotten the automated reply promptly...and then the answer usually within 24 hours.

Good luck
Old 05-20-02, 03:31 PM

Give them a call:

To reach Customer Service via telephone call toll-free 800-264-5076. Monday through Friday from 7 A.M. to 9 P.M. CT and on Saturday from 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. CT.
Old 05-21-02, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 427 Likes on 258 Posts
I haven't received any e-mails from DDD in about a month.

I no longer get the confirmation of order e-mails or the notice of shipment e-mails. I e-mailed them three or four times about this and never got a response (not even a confirmation of receipt of my e-mails). I called their 800 number and talked to a helpful CSR who promised to call me back and leave an answer on my voice mail. Two weeks have passed and I still haven't heard anything.

I gave up on hearing anything from them. I can order DVDs and check my order status on the site, so I guess it's not a big deal.

To recap: No problem accessing the site. Big problem getting any response to e-mails.
Old 05-21-02, 02:24 PM

Going to reply.

To my pleasant surprise, Chris I believe it was (sorry if I got that wrong) from DDD called me to check on this because their Emails to me are being bounced back. This by far surpasses any customer service I've ever encountered. Sure, we couldn't fix the problem after looking through all we could, but man... that was the best example of customer service I've ever seen.

I might have to have someone order my Dvd's for me, but I'm not going to let this deter me from ordering at DDD, the best Amazon help I've ever received from Amazon was a canned reply Email that answered nothing.
Old 05-22-02, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 116 Posts
I've had VERY quick response to the few problems I've had, usually within a few hours something gets done.
Old 05-23-02, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DDD has been very good at answering my emails when I send them to them. I usually get a response back the same day, and I don't believe there has ever been a time when it took longer than 1 business day to get a reply from them.

Hats off to all the folks at DDD!
Old 05-23-02, 11:50 AM
Cool New Member

DDD server problems?

I have had nothing but great customer service from DDD.

Within the last week I have had a few problems, though. I spoke to someone in cs and they said that they were moving to a new server...that was a few days ago.

I have had problems with getting confirmations on orders/replys to my e-mails, new orders showing up online, and preorders disappearing from my orders list. All within the last week.

I'm gonna hope they get all the bugs out of the system soon.

I would go ahead and order, if you don't see your order or get a confirmation within 24 hrs...go ahead and call 'em!
Old 05-23-02, 06:10 PM

The only time I sent DDD an e-mail was when I checkouted and two days after ordering, which was a sunday, I hadn't received a conformation or anything. I sent them the e-mail from my e-mail account that I used for their site, and told them I just ordered this dvd, the exact title, and I haven't received a conformation, I don't see the items in my cart, or in open orders area.

They respond telling me that I need to give them my full name, address, the customer / order # if possible

I mean come on did they even read the e-mail, or was it just another auto-response???
Old 05-23-02, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Himura
They respond telling me that I need to give them my full name, address, the customer / order # if possible
In their defense, if you have ever ordered from them before I believe your packing slip does show your customer number and that would help them get to your information much quicker than doing a search by name.

If you were a first time customer, then I guess perhaps it was somewhat of fruitless response.
Old 05-23-02, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by dvd-fanman
DDD has been very good at answering my emails when I send them to them. I usually get a response back the same day, and I don't believe there has ever been a time when it took longer than 1 business day to get a reply from them.

Hats off to all the folks at DDD!
I've had nothing but first rate service as well; responses to emails have taken less than 24 hrs (I get a confirmation email immediately). Haven't had a real problem yet.
Old 05-23-02, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally posted by NavinJohnson

I've had nothing but first rate service as well; responses to emails have taken less than 24 hrs (I get a confirmation email immediately). Haven't had a real problem yet.
same here