Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Good experience with Playcentric

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 05-19-02, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know a lot of folks here have been burned by Playcentric in the past. But in a previous thread, Geoff stated that Playcentric had contacted him and explained in detail how they had cleaned-up their act.

So, I decided to run a little test sample. And had a really great experience! One I thought I'd share...

Within a day or so of placing my order, I was notified by e-mail that my order had shipped. Hooray! Unfortunately, I then logged onto by credit card website and--HORRORS!--saw that I had been charged twice by Playcentric for the same order!

Naturally, I dashed off an e-mail immediately, asking them to explain the double charge. To my surprise, I received a personalized e-mail back from Playcentric in less than 24 hours. The CSR stated that she had checked Playcentric's internal records and could up with no evidence of a double-charge. Further, she stated that she would advise a supervisor of this problem to see if that person could uncover the problem. In the meantime, however, the CSR suggested that I contact my credit card company to see if the problem might be on their end.

Yeah, right! Like this was my CC company's fault! I fired back an e-mail immediately, politely but firmly stating that I most certainly did want that supervisor to investigate and get back to me by the next day.

Then, a funny thing happened. Just for giggles, I contacted my CC company to tell them about the ridiculous story Playcentric was telling me about the double-charge. OOPS! Turns out that the problem WAS the fault of my CC company. Moreover, the CC company had known about this problem all along but never bothered to tell me it was being taken care of.

Tail between my legs, I dashed off another e-mail to Playcentric telling them that they should drop the whole matter. Again, I received a reply from Playcentric with in 1 business day. In this e-mail the CSR stated that the supervisor had indeed begun researching my problem and still could find no evidence of a mistake on their part. The CSR thanked me for notifying them that my problem had been solved and stated that if I had any other problems to feel free to contact them at any time.

Three days later I received my order in perfect shape.

In all, I'd say a great example of the lengths to which Playcentric has gone to improve their customer service.

Hopefully, all of you will the same high level of service that I did!
Old 05-19-02, 05:19 PM

My X-Files 5 order went fine...

Back during the controversy, I took a risk and ordered X-Files 5. Although they charged my credit card in advance, the set arrived 5/17 without a hitch. No complaints here.
Old 05-20-02, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I placed an order for ten dvd's yesterday at Playcentric and I hope all goes well with my order.