Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

CD Wow?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-02, 12:45 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CD Wow?

Has anyone dealt with CD Wow out of the UK? They list the Harry Potter movie - Region 1 as a release date of May 11. Plus they have free shipping.
Old 05-09-02, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe I've become too much of a cynic, but when a new member's first three posts are promoting an unfamiliar etailer operating from the city where the new member is located..... I just take a deep breath and move on.
Old 05-09-02, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are there any Brits on the forum that have bought anything from CDwow?
Old 05-09-02, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

marty888:
Ditto
Old 05-09-02, 01:27 PM

Call me a cynic, but I wouldn't touch these guys with a 10 foot credit card.

They have Simpsons season 1 for $21.95 shipped, which seems like a helluva deal, except I got this message when I added it to the cart:

Please ensure that you have a multi-region compatible DVD player. We are unfortunately not able to supply specific region products
Also, if you a search on friends, it brings up different titles, including season 2, which I know was released in other countries.

I'm also another one skeptical of the new member touting the company here.
Old 05-09-02, 08:37 PM

There has been a lot of positive feedback at The DVD Forums for this company (never actually used them myself though).

I think the message about regions springs up because they get stock from all over the place (I've seen R1, 2, 3 and 4 stuff on their site). However, the region of the title is listed on the individual titles themselves (the Simpsons is R1, as is Traffic:CC).
Old 05-10-02, 10:29 AM
Mod Emeritus

Iron Chef I think I bought a CD or two from in the second half of last year but....

Regardless of that, the selection was limited last time I looked but the prices very competitive. I may even have mentioned them in a recommendations thread (or two)

[PS: I'm certainly not affilated with them and deplore the apparent "free" advertising attempt: they should do a deal with Geoff].
Old 05-11-02, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Deal with Geoff

Originally posted by horls
We don't want to stock everything, just the best things, whther that means the latest or the best versions etc etc, or just the best plain ole price!
Dude, give it a freakin' rest.

Jeezus, you can count me as one NON-customer of CD Wow
Old 05-12-02, 04:59 PM

I AM NOT A BRIT BUT ...

Originally posted by Iron Chef
Are there any Brits on the forum that have bought anything from CDwow?
I am based in Dublin, Ireland which is fairly close to the UK and I did use WOW once ... Not last Christmas but the one before I placed a sample order for a CD and it was posted from China (or Hong Kong) the packaging was very poor quality (ie an envelope made from poor quality recycled paper) and the CD was totally destroyed in transit. I contacted the supplier and they promised a replacement which never arrived.

Despite my experience many people appear to be fairly happy about this operation which has progressed to marketing DVDs as well as CDs.
Old 05-14-02, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

can anyone tell me where the thread for cd-wow's reviews are and stuff? I want to see what type of feedback its received cause I'm tempted to buy Sex and the City season3. Pretty damn cheap there.
Old 05-14-02, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They’re extremely reliable - Order without fear.
Old 05-24-02, 12:15 PM
Cool New Member

I decided to give them a try and I am very pleased. I received the Canadian version of Harry Potter today! 20 bucks including shipping. It arrived shipped in a sturdy box similar to the ones that dvd planet or DDD ships theirs in. It did ship from Hong Kong last saturday, so shipping was very prompt. It will be nice for the long weekend. I will definetely be ordering from them again.
Old 05-24-02, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally posted by mytzplyx
can anyone tell me where the thread for cd-wow's reviews are and stuff? I want to see what type of feedback its received cause I'm tempted to buy Sex and the City season3. Pretty damn cheap there.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=207421

I'm extremely happy with mine.