Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Has anybody been here before....

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-02, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a newbie here and I'm trying to pass on a decent website with good prices. I've purchased video games from them in the past and they are reputable, I haven't had any problems on my 4 orders with them. Let me know what you think, some of their deals are good and some of them plain 'ol suck.

www.hitmenow.com

Oh yeah, if you find a good deal there, let me know first .
Old 04-17-02, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Never heard of that outfit before! I would recommend http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/ . They have very good pricing on most DVD's and they charge nothing for shipping.
Old 04-17-02, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I dunno know,

"Like New, Not Sealed 1 $9.86
Artwork/Case ONLY - NO Media 1 $5.48
NOTE: If condition "Brand New, Factory Sealed" is NOT listed, then this item is not currently available in Brand New condition. Please select from the available conditions. "

Hmm kind of sketchy to me! I would prefer some other e-tailers. Thanks though and welcome to the forum.
Old 04-17-02, 04:46 PM

Well, I've bought 4 items from them factory sealed and they were as reported, factory sealed. I've bought 2 items that were Like New and they were as reported, Like New. No scratches and everything was in perfect shape. So, I'm guessing they grade their items pretty strict. Hope this helps, Josh.

BTW, did anyone find a good deal from them yet??
Old 04-17-02, 04:50 PM

I've purchased from them before through Half. Price was decent. Shipping was quick. Item as described. They're pretty good if you don't mind stuff that's been opened/used. They do have new stuff too (read: closeouts), but most of their stock is used.
Old 04-17-02, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
I bought from them from Amazon and Half. Their good, never had any problems. Still I'd rather deal with them from either half or amazon. I find it those sites to be more secure.
Old 04-17-02, 06:41 PM

I have used them once for a anime dvd that was oop, it was used but that was fine for me... at least they tell you up front that it is used.
Old 04-17-02, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's some feedback pages on these folks:

http://user.warehouse.shopping.yahoo...hitmenowdotcom

http://cgi2.half.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBa...hitmenowdotcom

-Beebs
Old 04-18-02, 10:14 AM

Hello, saw our name again! Thanks for all the positive comments. I wanted to mention a couple things:

We carry NEW and USED conditions of many of our products. We may only have it new or used or have several different conditions available. We're not trying to pass off any of our product as new that is not. We simply list whatever conditions are available and the price for that condition. We get varying amounts of new and/or used all the time...

We beat DeepDiscountDVD on many titles even after you ADD our shipping ($2.50 first DVD).

Our inventory scanners (those that scan in new product) are hounded CONSTANTLY to get the condition right. They are the front line of information on a product, so we try and make sure that it is what we say it is.

We recently received shipment of a LOT of new Anime titles. Many of them are OOP. Check out the Anime store.

Our homepage has links to our feedback ratings on Half, Amazon and Ebay.

Unfortunately, we have had MANY problems with Yahoo's warehouse system and our feedback has suffered tremendously there. In a nutshell, the problem is that if we cancel an order from a Yahoo customer, they are not notified by Yahoo that this has happened for at least two weeks, meanwhile they think they are getting the item! Yahoo automatically confirms our orders, so we don't get a change to cancel it before the customer is charged. I've tried to remove our inventory from their site, but it is still listed. It's an ongoing problem at this point.

Yahoo aside, I think you'll find we are a very customer-service focused organization with some very fantastic deals. If you guys have any questions or problems, please feel free to email me. Thanks!
Old 04-18-02, 10:52 AM

BTW, we now offer free shipping on orders over $99... (Great for all our new Anime box sets)