Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Any thoughts on Buyrite.net?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-02, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to order a couple of games from them, but I want to know if you have had any good or bad experiences with them. Thank you in advance!!
Old 03-29-02, 06:03 PM

I'd like to know too. And if anyone has a Promotional Code, please share it.
Old 03-29-02, 06:45 PM

Buyrite is fine as long as you don't need to contact customer service. You will NEVER get a response from them. I ordered a controller with next day delivery. They sent it via UPS ground and charged me for next day air. I filled out the customer service form on their website five times and they never responded. I even tried calling them but could never get through to a live person. To this day, they still owe me $12. Dirty thieving bastards!
Old 03-29-02, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Roan
Buyrite is fine as long as you don't need to contact customer service. You will NEVER get a response from them. I ordered a controller with next day delivery. They sent it via UPS ground and charged me for next day air. I filled out the customer service form on their website five times and they never responded. I even tried calling them but could never get through to a live person. To this day, they still owe me $12. Dirty thieving bastards!
sounds like a place to stay away from ... deceptive, failed to fulfill as ordered, and not just bad customer service, but no customer service ... sounds like they rank right up there with bigcd.com
Old 03-29-02, 08:52 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Search around the net. I don't think I've ever came across a store with as bad a reputation as them. I ordered from them once, didn't get anything for a couple of weeks, called them and they had no record of my order. Luckily my card had never been charged. Apparently the idiot I talked to when I placed my order on the phone never placed the order. The guy said he'd send it out next day air, and not charge me for shipping. It took over a week to come, as they shipped it UPS ground and charged me for the ground shipping. That's been several years ago (it was the Japanese version of F-zero X for the N64 that I ordered) and I've never bothered with them again.
Old 03-29-02, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That sux! They have Gran Turismo 3 for $17.50 new. I want to pick it up, but I don't want it to be a huge hassle to get it. I appreciate your input.
Old 03-29-02, 10:58 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally posted by Absolute Zero
That sux! They have Gran Turismo 3 for $17.50 new. I want to pick it up, but I don't want it to be a huge hassle to get it. I appreciate your input.
GT3 is coming down to $19.99 everywhere. Target.com and Outpost.com have already started. You should be able to get it from a local place soon at that price.
Old 03-30-02, 10:03 AM
Cool New Member

I told about my encounter with them on this thread

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=190524

Katakana
Old 03-30-02, 11:35 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

stay far away from buyrite.com.
Old 03-30-02, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've never bothered with them (too much bad karma associated with em) I believe a deja search for them will turn up TONS of bad reports about them... don't bother
Old 03-31-02, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
Moved from the Video Game Talk Forum.
Old 04-01-02, 01:02 AM

buyrite sucks. They have horribly expensive shipping prices. I got a game from EBworld.com shipped same-day (ordered in the morning) and it was $5 for 2-day shipping. Buyrite processed my order 2 full days after i placed it, and shipping was $8 for UPS ground, took about 7 business days to come.
Old 04-01-02, 08:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
They are based here in Raleigh and actually started out as a booth at the local flea-market. All the employees seem to be complete game snobs and full of themselves. I made the mistake of trying to buy/trade from them a couple of times, but I quickly learned my lesson and they will never get any business from me. Order from a "name" retailer and save yourself some potential trouble.
Old 04-01-02, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I HATE those guys! I ordered from them once over the phone. The guy who answered was a real jerk.

When I ordered at the time they had a guarantee to beat any price from other game stores. I told them I found the game I wanted to order for less on another website. They asked a bunch of questions to get out of it but the other price met all their requirements. So the guy tells me their version of the game is a "Special Edition" and won't price match.

So I ask what makes yours a "Special Edition" and the guy cops a major attitude and barks at me "DO YOU WANT THE GAME OR NOT!"

I hung up.
Old 04-01-02, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Manco
I HATE those guys! I ordered from them once over the phone. The guy who answered was a real jerk.

When I ordered at the time they had a guarantee to beat any price from other game stores. I told them I found the game I wanted to order for less on another website. They asked a bunch of questions to get out of it but the other price met all their requirements. So the guy tells me their version of the game is a "Special Edition" and won't price match.

So I ask what makes yours a "Special Edition" and the guy cops a major attitude and barks at me "DO YOU WANT THE GAME OR NOT!"

I hung up.
I may be responsible for you getting yelled at ...

A long time ago, I ordered X-Men Vs. Street Fighter w\4MB action replay thing for the Saturn from them. Everything went well, so I preordered Marvel Super Heros Vs. Street Fighter. Again, everything went well. Then Metal Gear Solid Limited Edition (Japanese) was released... I don't remember the exact prices, but I found an online retailer that had it for $20 less than they had it. I called them up requesting the price match. After about 5 different reasons why they couldn't do it (not in stock, not web based company, etc etc, all of which were shot down with one phone call to the other place, and my URL for them...), they finally said they just wouldn't do it. I remarked that they had a "guarantee". The guy said, "well, we aren't honoring it, so just go buy your stuff somewhere else", and he hung up. The next day they changed their site to include the small print:

"Our lowest price guarantee may not apply to some limited editions, one of a kinds, and special rebate offers". So now whenever they just don't want to honor their guarantee, they just claim it's a "special edition".

Anyway, add me to the "don't shop there" list. You can go to much nicer places with cheaper shipping and better customer service.