Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deep discount dvd

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Deep discount dvd

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-02, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any deals for first time customers at deep discount dvd?

I just got around to checking them out and they seem to have some good prices. Two questions, are there any good deals for first time users? I heard awhile ago there was a 10% off coupon.

Also, how do you know if they have something in stock?

thanks
Old 03-06-02, 11:33 PM

You get free shipping (media mail) and don't pay tax (outside of IL), thats a great deal! Along with their highly competative pricing, this store is great!
Old 03-07-02, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's even nicer for those of us who can go to their physical outlet store and buy on the spot! No waiting you leave with the DVD's and don't have a 3-5 day wait!
Old 03-07-02, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally posted by Frank S
It's even nicer for those of us who can go to their physical outlet store and buy on the spot! No waiting you leave with the DVD's and don't have a 3-5 day wait!
is it cheaper than online?
Old 03-07-02, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No, but you get the DVD's right then and there! The prices are already great so I don't have a problem with prices being the same. You can call ahead and they'll have the DVD's waiting for you as well.
Old 03-07-02, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally posted by Frank S
No, but you get the DVD's right then and there! The prices are already great so I don't have a problem with prices being the same. You can call ahead and they'll have the DVD's waiting for you as well.
yeah...i'm not complaining, i was just wondering. it's because they don't have to pay to ship the thing to you when you buy it instore. of course, they have to have some kind of retail front and employees to work there, and that costs money too.
Old 03-07-02, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by D. Pham

yeah...i'm not complaining, i was just wondering. it's because they don't have to pay to ship the thing to you when you buy it instore. of course, they have to have some kind of retail front and employees to work there, and that costs money too.
It's really just a part of their warehouse that they setup to be an outlet store upfront and they have a single employee working it. They have a lot of DVD's on display but the rest are back in the warehouse and you just place the order and they bring it up to the store very quickly.

They name of the facility is actually Infinity and the outlet store is called movie and music outlet store. I guess they do CD's as well. They also carry those nasty vhs thing-a-magiggers!

Last edited by Frank S; 03-08-02 at 03:00 AM.
Old 03-07-02, 08:07 AM

Frank -

In one of my recent trips over there, I got to talking to the cashier, and I asked her about the Playboy address you were talking about before. Turns out their facility/office used to be a Playboy facility... that explains why 'Playboy' turned out in your search before.

Old 03-07-02, 08:28 AM
Suspended

Looks like next time I visit my dad I'm going to making a side trip to Itasca. That's where it's at right?
Old 03-07-02, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Any deals for first time customers at deep discount dvd?

Originally posted by Crazy Aoshi
I just got around to checking them out and they seem to have some good prices. Two questions, are there any good deals for first time users? I heard awhile ago there was a 10% off coupon.

Also, how do you know if they have something in stock?

thanks
Crazy Aoshi, DDD hasn't had any coupons since spring/summer 2001 that I'm aware of (unless they happen to mess up your order & give you one to make up for it ). To see if an item is in stock, all you gotta do is click the 'buy now' button (you automatically go to the shopping cart). If its in stock, you'll see title & price. If its out, you get a message next to the title.
Old 03-08-02, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by neilio
Looks like next time I visit my dad I'm going to making a side trip to Itasca. That's where it's at right?
Yes it is! Here is the address and phone number. Call ahead to be sure the DVD's are in stock and they will have them waiting when you get there!

900 North Rohlwing Road
Itasca, IL 60143

(630) 775-3300 Ext. 5175

The facility is about a 1/4 block south of Thorndale/Elgin O'Hare Expressway ( first intersection west of I-355/53 and is on the West side of the street. The building sits back quite a bit so you need to look hard to notice their sign (Infinity - located near the street) but it doesn't stand out very good so you may go past it the first time.
Old 03-08-02, 06:29 AM

I can't imagine living near a place like DDD. I'd be so far beyond broke, it's not even funny to imagine in my head.
Old 03-08-02, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Funk
I can't imagine living near a place like DDD. I'd be so far beyond broke, it's not even funny to imagine in my head.
I try not to even look at the site because once you order one, it's hard to stop! Of course, that story might change once Uncle Sam sends me what is coming to me in April...