Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Total Action Universe - Problems ?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-02, 10:25 AM
tcw
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Total Action Universe (TAU) over-charged my Credit Card on several orders in Nov. After emailing to them many times, I received one reply before Christmas, saying that they would "look into it".

Since then, total silence.

I also find TAU's site a bit strange, not updated for a few weeks, as listings for Feb 12 & Feb 18 are still called "Coming Soon". My greatest fear is that they may be facing some problems !.

I wonder if any of you encountered problems with TAU lately, or if anybody heard any trouble brewing for this company.
Old 02-28-02, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you dispute the charges with your credit card company? Sounds like you might have waited too long already since you haven't heard anything from them before Christmas.

I would also suggest calling them by phone instead of relying on e-mail. I never can get them to respond to e-mail. And also I recommend calling sometime after 12 PM Pacific time if you want someone to answer the phone. Everytime I try earlier no one answers the phone.

I am currently having a problem with TAU replacing a few defective DVDs ordered from them. I returned them over a month ago but they have not mailed replacements. I called them last week and they acknowledged the DVDs were received but they are waiting for new stock to arrive.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 02-28-02 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-01-02, 08:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had to return a banged-up copy of X-Files Season 4. I was told that after it was received, a replacement would be sent out that day or the day after. It wasn't mailed out for about three weeks.

It seems they are not speedy about mailing replacement copies.

Bleddyn
Old 03-02-02, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

As I posted in another topic in the bargain section.....I would be somewhat concerned regarding Totalaction at this time. As stated in a previous post....they have not updated their site in about 2-3 weeks and Roy has not answered the last couple of emails sent to him. I used Totalaction as a consumer and also as a supplier for awhile. I had a customer who cancelled an order(I cancelled it over the phone with Roy) but still received the order. We sent this order back per Roy in December.....my customer complained in early Feb that he did not receive a credit so I contacted Roy who said he would take care of it. Not sure if he has or not....If I hear from my customer that Roy did not take care of this.....the credit card company will need to get involved. I would stay away from this place until they can at least update their web page to show that they are still around and operating.

This is very disturbing to me as Roy(runs the store) is a very nice gentleman who truly cares about his business. I would hate to see things go bad with him and his operation.
Old 03-03-02, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had my wallet stolen this morning and my credit card company told me to cancel an order I placed last night and then replace it when they send me a new card. I'll save some sort of $40 fee this way.

Hopefully Roy hasn't been arrested for defrauding customers or evading income taxes or something (as some internet friends in BC have told me they heard).....I really don't want to pay the $40.

I knew I shouldn't have placed the order after the hell that was getting my last order from them. But I talked to Roy and he assured me that they had never had a problem like that before. If I was lied to, I'll be hella pissed.

Last edited by reservoirdog; 03-03-02 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-03-02, 09:57 PM
Cool New Member

Can the moderators flag TAU as highly suspicious to warn other forumers ?

I really hate to see another great store go down.

cheers
Old 03-06-02, 10:02 PM
Cool New Member

site has been updated it seems with new release list

Last edited by jandaman; 03-06-02 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-06-02, 11:51 PM

I believe the demise of TAU has been greatly exaggerated. As jandaman pointed out, the site is finally updated. Also, from their homepage Wednesday, March 06, 2002:

TAU is Upgrading!
We are upgrading and making a few changes to improve the ease of use and email response. This may cause some delays and/or interruptions over the next several days. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience caused during these changes.
On another note, they have a great preorder price on The X-Files Season 5 for $70.98 (US). I ordered the last few sets from them, and this one is even cheaper. I know we're swiftly approaching the years of suckitude for the series, but as a completist, I haven't decided what I'll do in the future.
Old 03-07-02, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Mr. Gore

On another note, they have a great preorder price on The X-Files Season 5 for $70.98 (US). I ordered the last few sets from them, and this one is even cheaper.
There are quite a few fewer episodes in Season Five. (Because of the movie)

That explains the lower price.
Old 03-07-02, 12:49 PM

Originally posted by reservoirdog

There are quite a few fewer episodes in Season Five. (Because of the movie)

That explains the lower price.
The retail price is the same for all the sets, so the shorter number of episodes doesn't explain it. This is just a limited low pre-order price, which they have done before.
Old 08-05-02, 01:30 AM
Suspended - needs to provide a working email

TAU service improved?