Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deep Discount DVD Problems and Resolutions (formerly: "What a nightmare!")

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Deep Discount DVD Problems and Resolutions (formerly: "What a nightmare!")

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-02, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else getting this error at DDD?

Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Diagnostic Information

An error occurred while evaluating the expression:

"#client.cfid#"

Error near line 60, column 33.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error resolving parameter CLIENT.CFID

The client variable CFID does not exist. The cause of this error is very likely one of the following things:

The name of the client variable has been misspelled.
The client variable has not yet been created or has timed out.
To set default values for client variables you should use the CFPARAM tag (e.g. <CFPARAM NAME="Client.Color" DEFAULT="Red">)

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of (CFCOOKIE), occupying document position (60:3) to (60:88) in the template file /u02/web/deepdvd/Application.cfm.
Old 04-02-02, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm getting the same error.
Old 04-02-02, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They have a message now about being down for a couple of hours for maintence and updates. I hope they clear of an order from about 2 months ago that has been received but is still listed as OPEN last time I looked.
Old 04-14-02, 11:52 PM

I always try to order from DDD but my last order got charged for priority mail shipping when it was clearly stated in the automated reply that it was standard. I sent an e-mail asking about it but so far I've got no response. Strange..they sometimes mess up but are quick to fix it.

Oh well, still my #1 'net movie store.

Last edited by kantboy; 04-15-02 at 02:11 AM.
Old 04-15-02, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally posted by kantboy
I always try to order from DDD but my last order got charged for priority mail shipping when it was clearly stated in the automated reply that it was standard. I sent an e-mail asking about it but so far I've got no reponse. Strange..they sometimes mess up but are quick to fix it.

send them another e-mail...they could've just lost it or something
Old 04-15-02, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by kantboy
I always try to order from DDD but my last order got charged for priority mail shipping when it was clearly stated in the automated reply that it was standard. I sent an e-mail asking about it but so far I've got no response. Strange..they sometimes mess up but are quick to fix it.

I had them do that on my last order. I called them at the toll-free number, explained, and he said he'd credit back the Priority charge. Sure enough, it was credited back on my next statement.
Old 04-15-02, 11:23 PM

I just have to add some gripe. I ordered a Retroactive from them and it arrived in an open case and the front cover had a huge vertical cut on it! There is no way on Earth their shipping guys could miss that! It just couldn't be an honest mistake, rather they were obviously trying to get rid of that particular DVD and this was how they solved the problem. Furthermore, I sent them 2 complaints via E-mail, and both of them returned undeliverable. Since the DVD itself plays flawlessly, I disregarded the whole matter, but needless to say I don't feel like using these guys again in the future.
Old 04-16-02, 08:26 AM

sandman1, is it possible this was damaged by the USPS? This wouldn't be the first time, from what I've read on the forums of such things happening (accidentally or on purpose).

What sort of error came with the undeliverable email? Perhaps you typed in the wrong address?

If all else fails, try a phone call. I'm sure they'll send a replacement or something.
Old 04-16-02, 08:38 PM

sandman1, is it possible this was damaged by the USPS? This wouldn't be the first time, from what I've read on the forums of such things happening (accidentally or on purpose).

I'd say the chances are slim. First, it's a very deep, long vertical cut from the top to the bottom. Second, the box was opened instead of being factory sealed.

What sort of error came with the undeliverable email? Perhaps you typed in the wrong address?

Type? No, I'm too lazy for that. I just clicked on the hyperlink in their E-mail. Tried twice, too, with the same result.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

[email protected]

Reporting-MTA: dns;hotmail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;mail.hotmail.com
Arrival-Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:16:04 -0800

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: delayed
Will-Retry-Until: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 09:16:21 -0800
----------------------------------------------------------------------

If all else fails, try a phone call. I'm sure they'll send a replacement or something.

I'm sure they would. Then again, I would have to ship it back, then wait again for their media mail to arrive so the whole proccess would take no less than a month. Not worth it to me. I'm not a collector, I only buy movies I know I'll enjoy over and over again, so since it plays perfectly, it's not that much grief to me. A true collector would've been seriously pi**ed off, though. It just bugs me that somebody would do such a thing in the first place, because once again I don't believe it was an accident.

Last edited by sandman1; 04-16-02 at 08:46 PM.