Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

one more reason to buy from DDD

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 01-25-02, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say *1/3 to 1/2 of my large DVD collection- are from Deep Discount DVD. The reasons 1. price 2. reliability

now here is a new reason. After hundreds of DVDs sent via DDD's free media mail, one never got there. I emailed them about not receiving my preorder "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" . They responed that they sent it 12/31 and wanted my name, address and shipping address. I did send them this info and yesterday they stated they'd send me another one!!!.

"Fast Times" , they one they shipped 12/31came yesterday 1/24!

In short, they could of got out of this by stating it was sent and
next time I should order first class. But they didn't. They
believe their customers!!

it would be more but I have a lot of euro exploitation and horror DVDs--many are imports- which DDD doesn't carry.
Old 01-25-02, 12:15 PM
Suspended

Yep, DDD is a great company. Excellent customer service and prices. I rely on them for most of my A&E, Anchor Bay, Image, and Kino Studio purchases.
Old 01-25-02, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Although I get 90% or so of my DVDs from Columbiahouse, I get pretty much everything else from DDD. Great service and prices (my only complaint is how often it seems like things I want are out of stock )
Old 01-25-02, 04:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree. An all around kickass company to buy from.
Old 01-25-02, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I love them, except for one thing: They are located in Illinois, so I am charged sales tax (since I live in Illinois).

But even after tax, their prices are still great.
Old 01-25-02, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
definately a good store. Good service and good prices.
Old 01-25-02, 09:23 PM

I'm sorry, but Heat, you need to be thankful of DDD. I also live in Illinois, but we have to pay about $1 in tax for the average $15-20 DVD, and we get free shipping. DVD's will get to us in like 2 days, unlike 20 or so like Mark's experience. I just had to say this because it sounded like you were complaining.

steve
Old 01-25-02, 10:59 PM

Although I agree with most of the posts on this subject, no one has mentioned one of Deep Discount's best features--its customer service toll-free phone line staffed by REAL people.

Most of the other vendors have cut back their customer service phone help. Try calling some e-tailers and you'll hear "that item has been sent to the warehouse and cannot be cancelled" or"that item will be shipping soon."

If you want to cancel an item, just call their customer service phone line, (800) 264-5076 and that item will be immediately cancelled. No questions asked.

You can see why I like Deep Discount

Last edited by dvdirv; 01-25-02 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-25-02, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally posted by dvdirv
Although I agree with most of the posts on this subject, no one has mentioned one of Deep Discount's best features--its c!
Old 01-26-02, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by steve_c_n
...DVD's will get to us in like 2 days, unlike 20 or so like Mark's experience. I just had to say this because it sounded like you were complaining.
steve
I am thankful for DDD. Except for unusual circumstances, like when they don't have the DVD or when I have a gift certificate to somwhere else, I use only DDD. As you said, we get quick shipments since we live so close (2 to 3 days, tops, and remember that they ship preorders more than 2 to 3 days before the street date ).

Even after sales tax, their prices are better than others, and it is nice to talk to a real live person when you call customer service.