Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepdiscountDvd CC Overcharges?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-01, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wondering if anyone else has had Overcharges or multiple charges for the same order/item in the past week. I check my CC every morning and was hit with an extra 23.75 charge. I sure hope it does not happen anymore. I emailed them at 4:00 am but still no response from them. I would call again but I want this response in an email incase I need to dispute the charge with my CC company.
Old 12-18-01, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are you sure one is not an authorization?

Lots of companies do authorizations first and then charge when they ship.
Old 12-19-01, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nope, my CC only list charges and there is one to many for 23.75 unless Diney put out 5 Disney Treasures instead of 4.
Old 12-19-01, 07:34 AM

Originally posted by ernestrp
Nope, my CC only list charges and there is one to many for 23.75 unless Diney put out 5 Disney Treasures instead of 4.
Have you looked at your online orders history to see if they double transacted, or if there are five shipments?. My experiences with them have allways been that they never charged my account until a shipment was made.
Old 12-19-01, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by net results

Have you looked at your online orders history to see if they double transacted, or if there are five shipments?. My experiences with them have allways been that they never charged my account until a shipment was made.
Okay here is the story:

I order the Davy Crockett one on one order about 2 weeks before the release date. It was shipped and received 23.75

Order was placed the a day or 2 before the release date for

Mickey Mouse in Living Color 23.75
Silly Symphonies 23.75
Disneyland USA 23.75

The week of the release I get an email saying Dineyland USA has shipped. The next week I get it and the packing slip says Disneyland USA but what I got was Mickey Mouse in Living Color. I called them with in 5 minutes of opening the package and was told to keep that and they would send Disneyland USA and the person on the phone said I would be able to see that on my order status that it was changed and Silly Symphonies shipped that day. This was last Wednesday.

Thursday morning I noticed My order status was wrong and emailed them this time and was told by Email everything was taken care. To this day 12/19 and my order status is still listed as OPEN. Mickey Mouse in Living Color is still listed as a PREORDER and it says 0 under shipped and under price or ship date it has NA.

My Oder Status only list Disneyland USA and Silly Symphonis as being charged at 23.75. As a foonote I still have NOT received Silly Symphonis.

I checked my Charlie Schwab VISA Yesterday morning and there are a total of 5 charges for 23.75 each since early December to DeepdiscountDVD. The only shipping emails I have received from them on this order were One for Disneyland USA when it was Mickey Mouse in Living Color and Silly Symphonies which has NOT arrived yet.

A bit confusing. I guess if I dont hear back from them by Thursday morning I will just go through VISA and Dispute it. I'am not sure what has or has not been shipped. I guess they could have done a double shippment of one of the titles but I can not tell from my Order Status on their web page, I have only received 2 shipping emails. I hope they dont make any more charges.
Old 12-19-01, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Okay !!! I got an email from them that kind of explains what they doing and why. I still dont quite understand why but I guess it will be okay if Silly Symphonies is delivered and if they would finally COMPLETE this order on my Order Status page. I just hate going there and seeing this order listed as OPEN and seeing Mickey Mouse in Living Color listed as a Pre-Order and 0 shipped.

Will remove this thread as soon as all is cleared up.
Old 12-19-01, 08:27 PM

DDD has always been responsible with the dozens of orders I've placed with them this year.
Old 12-20-01, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have had some other strange happenings with an order at DDD.

I had 2 orders That were COMPLETE and were listed on my Order Status as both being shipped on 12/15 which was last Saturday but I never received a shipping email for either one.

Thursday morning I look at my Order Status and one of the orders has been removed from the COMPLETE list and is back on top with my OPEN orders but had no ID number. It now says Christmas Carol 50th Anniv. is backordered and ship date is NA.
I checked my VISA and I have been charged 7.20 for this. Will they play with my CC somemore?

Not so sure about DDD. I guess I will email them again to see what is happening. I dont really care for a place that uses your CC when they feel like it even if they say it is fixed in the end without letting me know what they are doing first.
Glad I did not remove this thread
Old 12-20-01, 09:22 AM

If you look at the DDD Chicago Area Question subject, you will see that a Mr. Rick Mejorado, Customer Service Supervisor at DDD, posted a clarification on that question. It seems that they are interested in monitoring and helping there customer base, so I suggest you might consider contacting him to get your problem resolved. Good luck, and happy holiday season.
Old 12-20-01, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

DeepdiscountDVD this is becomming such a JOKE!!! Look what I got by email today, delted some personal in formation:

We thought you would like to know...
Your order was shipped today.
Order Number:
Order Date: 12/18/01 Credit Card# ***************

Your package will arrive in 5-10 business days

Bill To: Ship To:
SAME

FAIRFAX
VA 22032

Item Description Quantity Price Status
------------ ---------------------------------------- -------- ------ ------
DDBVD023094D MICKEY MOUSE IN LIVING COLOR 1 23.75 OK

Subtotal...................... 23.75
Shipping and Handling......... FREE
Tax........................... .00

Order total................... 23.75

Payment amount: VISA.......................... 23.75

Thank you for shopping with DeepDiscountDVD.com online!
We look forward to your next visit at http://www.DeepDiscountDVD.com

Dont really know what to do now. I guess as long as they dont charge for another one its fine by me if I get one for free other than that I dont know how I can communicate with them and I feel I have no course but to dispute the charges if one is applied to this shippment.
Old 12-20-01, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you look at the DDD Chicago Area Question subject, you will see that a Mr. Rick Mejorado, Customer Service Supervisor at DDD, posted a clarification on that question. It seems that they are interested in monitoring and helping there customer base, so I suggest you might consider contacting him to get your problem resolved. Good luck, and happy holiday season.
Of course I have seen the other DDD topics and have seen the guys replys. Its funny as you can see I having a big problem with DeepdiscountDVD and its in my Topic title and he does not want to touch this, I guess.

Lets see, i'am now getting my second copy of Mickey Mouse in Living Color so I guess another 23.75 charge so what was emailed to me yesterday means nothing unless this is a free one.

Another order that was listed as comlete and shipped on 12/15 and charged to my VISA is now after a few days is listed as a Pre-order again.

Like I said before, I really do not know what else I can do. Atleast the order for the 3 Disney treasure is now on my Order status as Complete unless the whole damn thing goes back to a pre-order again. i just wish it would be over with. I guess I have gotten from 75 to 100 Dvd's from them. Its starting to make me laugh.
Old 12-20-01, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just wanted to make a correction. The posting I saw from the DDD CS person was on 12/17, a day before my thread was started. I take back what I said a perhaps he has not been back since 12/17. Actually I think I saw his message and decided to start this thread and maybe gets some better help but I guess that did not work, oh well....Should be an interesting few days-2 weeks or so to see what I get in the mail and what happens on my VISA CC.
Old 12-20-01, 03:41 PM
CS@DeepDiscount

ernestrp,

I would look into your problem but you do not have an e-mail address on your profile so I can not identify you. Please call me if you would like me to look into the problem. Thanks.

Rick Mejorado
DeepDiscountDVD
Customer Service Supervisor
Old 12-20-01, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by CS@DeepDiscount
ernestrp,

I would look into your problem but you do not have an e-mail address on your profile so I can not identify you. Please call me if you would like me to look into the problem. Thanks.

Rick Mejorado
DeepDiscountDVD
Customer Service Supervisor
I will think about your offer to look into this but at this point I do not know if I want to open this can of snakes again since the order is now listed as complete. Plus, at this point I feel I have tried enough times to correct this problem. I guess its just to confusing to understand. The guy I called when the initial problem came up sounded like he understood everything but I guess he did not follow through with what he said he would do.

As for my new problem with with my order for a Christmas Carol 50th anniv. from VCI for 7.20 going from complete and shipped on 12/15 and now is listed as backorder with no ID number since this morning in the OPEN section of my Order Status.

Well, I just got an email reply and nothing was answered. I guess I will try again and ask why I was charged 7.20 on my VISA.
Since I have never ordered anything but this for that price. I guess this will be fun to explain with NO ID number now.

I still have not received Silly Symphonies but I guess media mail may be real slow now.
Old 12-20-01, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by codefree
DDD has always been responsible with the dozens of orders I've placed with them this year.
I agree with codefree. I just started using DDD and it's quickly taking the place of Amazon as far as my orders are concerned. I only wish they had a larger selection so that I could buy all my DVDs from them.

BTW: I also wish they supplied a prepaid label for returns like Amazon. It's not that I've had to return anything yet, but with the amount I order, it would make me feel better.
Old 12-20-01, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DDD has been top notch for me. I've only ever had one question and that surrounded an order number changing when something went from pre-order to "real order", and that was answered courteously over the phone ... let us know what happens.

DDD is who I point my friends who won't hunt for deals real hard to, as I figure with Free Shipping & Great Prices, with no coupons, codes, etc needed DDD is the best deal for a casual internet shopper... well of course I tell them to sanity check at www.dvdpricesearch.com, but other than that I send them to DDD

Last edited by sniper308; 12-20-01 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-21-01, 08:37 AM

Originally posted by ernestrp

I will think about your offer to look into this but at this point I do not know if I want to open this can of snakes again since the order is now listed as complete. Plus, at this point I feel I have tried enough times to correct this problem. I guess its just to confusing to understand. The guy I called when the initial problem came up sounded like he understood everything but I guess he did not follow through with what he said he would do.

As for my new problem with with my order for a Christmas Carol 50th anniv. from VCI for 7.20 going from complete and shipped on 12/15 and now is listed as backorder with no ID number since this morning in the OPEN section of my Order Status.

Well, I just got an email reply and nothing was answered. I guess I will try again and ask why I was charged 7.20 on my VISA.
Since I have never ordered anything but this for that price. I guess this will be fun to explain with NO ID number now.

I still have not received Silly Symphonies but I guess media mail may be real slow now.
You said yesterday that you noticed that DDD's Customer Service Supervisor had posted a comment on another subject, and that you started this subject with the hope that he would notice and tend to your problem. Now he has reached out to help you, and you say that you will probably not contact him, even thoough you go on to complain about some unresolved problem. If you will not give him a chance to sort it out for you, it is hard to see how DDD is a fault.
Old 12-21-01, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You said yesterday that you noticed that DDD's Customer Service Supervisor had posted a comment on another subject, and that you started this subject with the hope that he would notice and tend to your problem. Now he has reached out to help you, and you say that you will probably not contact him, even thoough you go on to complain about some unresolved problem. If you will not give him a chance to sort it out for you, it is hard to see how DDD is a fault.
its because I keep getting stupid answers from their CS like the latest one below

Could you please explain the recent VISA CHARGE of 7.20 that was charged on my CC. Sorry I do not have an order number as this order once said complete but now is in the OPEN list but has NO ID Number. The 7.20 dollar item once said it was shipped on 12/15 but it now says its on Backorder. I never received a shipping email for this but it did in fact say shipped on 12/15 at one time. If this item is on BackOrder please return the 7.20 to my CC and wait for this item to ship to charge it to my VISA as your company policy states. I will list my CUSTOMER NUMBER since I do NOT HAVE A ORDER ID shown for this order at this time. The total price for the 2 items on this order was 12.40. If you do not understand or can not explain what has happened would you please ask for Rick Mejorado,
DeepDiscountDVD,Customer Service Supervisor to help you.

Thank You,

Thank you for contacting DeepDiscountDVD.com!

We are showing that the charge that is on your credit card in not a charge but a credit. We have not recharged you for the item, becaseu it is on back order and we will recharge for the item when we reship it to you.

Please contact us if you have any questions.

Best regards,

DeepDiscountDVD Customer Service

MY last 4 VISA Transactions: (That 7.20 does not look like a CREDIT to ME, Come to think of it, if there was no 7.20 charge why would they say it was a 7.20 CREDIT?)

Date Action Quantity Symbol Description Price Amount Comm

12/18/2001 IFR*DEEPDISCOUNTDVD 800-264-5076 IL
type: VISA PURCHASE -$60.51
12/18/2001 WWW*EARTHLINK.NET 800-719-4660 GA
type: VISA PURCHASE -$21.95
12/15/2001 IFR*DEEPDISCOUNTDVD 800-264-5076 IL
type: VISA PURCHASE -$7.20
12/15/2001 IFR*DEEPDISCOUNTDVD 800-264-5076 IL
type: VISA PURCHASE -$9.90
Old 12-21-01, 12:38 PM

I still do not understand why you do not call Mr. Mejorado as he requested you to do. He is the Customer Service Supervisor. Why not go right to the top person. Emailing some unknown rep. is the least efficent approach, and does not give you the chance to interact real time with a person until there is clarity on both sides. Reading your description of the charge problem, it comes across as less than crystal clear what the situation is. Email is the least effective method to get it resolved, and asking an unknown rep to follow up with Mr. Mejorado is still not speak directly to the person who is best situated to solve things for you. Also, you do not want to put much credit account detail on an email since it is not secure, but if Mr. Mejorado needed that info to do some tracking, you will be able to provide it on the phone. I hope you get it resolved. Good luck, and have a great holiday season, and a problem free new year.
Old 12-22-01, 03:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I did get charged another 23.75 for the 2nd copy of Mickey Mouse in Living Color. I guess in 2 or 3 weeks when it gets here I will decide what to do with it but I doubt I will try anything with DDD if I try to return it.

I did have a 7.20 credit on my CC this morning. I will have to check to see how many emails I sent them (3 or 4). It would have been alot easier if they would have admitted to their mistake on my first email and said they were issuing me a credit.

As for why I do not call. I have only called them twice in my life. Once was to Cancel an item and was told the electricty was out and to call back later and then the Mickey Mouse in Living Color where nothing was done. I did mention Mr. Mejorado in my last 2 emails to them. The only one that was answered was the reply that the charge was really a credit. Atleast with Email I have some knid of record. I may post some the of Mickey Mouse in Living Color emails I got from them since I got and was charged for two.

I was a happy DDD customer before and had over 300.00 in purchases from them since October 1st when they started their order status and I have not been buying as much as I used to on-line. its going to be hard to decide if their prices are worth the chance of having to ask the CS something and get stupid replies.
Old 12-22-01, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This is an reply I received on 12/13. My orignal message is below that. I received a shipping email on 12/20 for Mickey Mouse in Living Color, the 2nd one.

Disneyland USA was shipped out to you. Mickey Mouse In Living Color has been cancelled for you as well so that you will not receive another copy of it.

Best regards,

[email protected]
(800)264-5076

Sender : ernestrp
Tracking Number : T20011213009GZ411863
Pool : DDD - Order Inquiry
Sent to : <[email protected]>
Date : 12/13/01 2:59 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DeepdiscountDvd:

I just wanted to follow up my phone call made on 12/12 about Order # ******* mistake. The Packing Sheet with this shippment that I received on 12/12 indicates that Disneyland USA was in the package but what I received was MICKEY MOUSE IN LIVING COLOR.

The person I spoke to yesterday said it was a mix-up and that Disneyland USA was in-stock and would be sent out right away and that the MICKEY MOUSE IN LIVING COLOR that is still listed as a pre-order would be cancelled from this order so I do not get 2 of them. I just checked my order stsatus and Mickey Mouse in Living Color is still shown as a PRE-Order/Back Order.

I guess what I want is Confirmation that the Mickey Mouse in Living Color that is still shown as a Pre-order/Back Order on my order Status page is Cancelled And that a Disneyland USA has been sent to me and when it was or will ship, as it is a Christmas gift to someone and I have had some orders from you in the past that have taken 14+ days to get to me.

Thank You,

Ernest

Customer # ******
Old 12-22-01, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Reply received on 12/20. They answered 1 thing but missed the 7.20 question. Thats it. I'am through for now.

We show that this order was shipped out on 12-15-01 and was shipped via Standard US Mail and will take about 5-10 days to be delivered.

Best regards,

[email protected]
(800)264-5076
EG
-----Original Message-----

Sender : ernestrp
Tracking Number : T200112200144Z424233
Pool : DDD - Order Inquiry
Sent to : <[email protected]>
Date : 12/20/01 2:26 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering if this order ID: ******* has shipped or not. I never did receive a shipping email but it is listed as complete and shipped on 12/15?

The other reason I'am asking about this title is that I also had an order for the Christmas Carol 50th anniv. for 7.20 it was listed as complete and the order status said it was shipped on 12/15 but I never received a shipping email. Now it has gone from the COMPLETE list back to where the OPEN orders are but there is no ORDER ID number and the Christmas Carol 59th anniv. is now listed as a BACKORDER and like it never shipped. What Happened to this? Since my VISA was CHARGED 7.20 will you be making a 7.20 CHARGE BACK to me at this time and then charging me again when it actually ships?

Thanik You,

Ernest

Customer Number ******