Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

No Amazon present this year...?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-16-01, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just curious if anyone has received a gift in the mail from Amazon for the holidays. Last year, I got a cool tumbler (and so did many others). Maybe they're going for that magical "profit" and just can't afford it. At any rate, I'm wondering if people have gotten anything.
Old 12-16-01, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: No Amazon present this year...?

Originally posted by jiggyblau
I'm just curious if anyone has received a gift in the mail from Amazon for the holidays. Last year, I got a cool tumbler (and so did many others). Maybe they're going for that magical "profit" and just can't afford it. At any rate, I'm wondering if people have gotten anything.
I never got anything from them. I used to get good prices but that is gone also along with good service. I guess they all need to go in order to make money. The sad thing is that their sales will start to go down along with the company I bet.
My last order shipped from them on Sat almost a week late
Old 12-17-01, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would be happy if they shipped my orders and charged the correct price. I would send them a present for the holidays.
Old 12-17-01, 01:54 PM

I received nothing so far though I spent more than 2000 bucks this year. I also received a present last year. Obviously they have knocked it off.
Old 12-17-01, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have to agree with LASERMOVIES... I would just be happy if they would ship my preorders on the street date and finally correct the almost $200 in overcharges that I've been dealing with them about. I just had a $100 GC that I applied to an order go completely ignored with the order shipped out.

In all honestly, although I used to love them, I've placed my final order at Amazon until they fix this situation. I've had to chace down over a dozen orders with them now to have overcharges fixed.
Old 12-17-01, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Mike Myers
I received nothing so far though I spent more than 2000 bucks this year. I also received a present last year. Obviously they have knocked it off.
It looks like the party's over. I didn't get a thing this year either
Old 12-18-01, 02:27 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not even a flyer with a promotional code!!! I remember they had a $5 or $10 promotional code with small or no minimum late last year.
Old 12-24-01, 08:05 AM

I agree with LASERMOVIES. I would like to get my preorders atleast in one week after street date. They always ship my preorders one full week after street date, which means I get my DVD TWO weeks after street date.
Old 12-25-01, 04:23 AM

I've had some problems with Amazon in the past, but have been thrilled with their performance recently. My pre-order of Hedwig and the Angry Inch arrived a day before the street date, and just yesterday a backordered DVD that I had ordered during their free shipping promo was overnighted to me at no charge so that it would arrive by Christmas (and it wasn't even a gift.)
I'd rather have that kind of impressive service than another tumbler I'd never use.
Old 12-25-01, 07:54 AM

I've also been quite satisfied with Amazon in the last weeks. No more overcharges and orders being shipped within 24 hours.

Amazon is still a great e-tailer and I'll definitely keep on using them. DDD's delivery times do have improved, but it's still far from Amazon's performance.

My christmas shopping at Amazon was a great experience, absolutely hassle-free, and the Last Minute Shipping was expensive but it worked. All packages arrived yesterday before noon.