Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Question for Chicago Area DDD customers

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Question for Chicago Area DDD customers

Old 12-17-01, 05:11 PM
CS@DeepDiscount

At this time we are not allowing orders placed via Internet or Phone to be picked up in our store. Depending on the amount of customers coming into the store to place orders we might re-evaluate allowing customers to pick up orders placed online or over the phone at a later date.

Rick Mejorado
DeepDiscountDVD
Customer Service Supervisor
Old 12-19-01, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by CS@DeepDiscount
At this time we are not allowing orders placed via Internet or Phone to be picked up in our store. Depending on the amount of customers coming into the store to place orders we might re-evaluate allowing customers to pick up orders placed online or over the phone at a later date.

Rick Mejorado
DeepDiscountDVD
Customer Service Supervisor
Thanks Rick for clearing this up..I tried mentioning this earlier but the DDD fans basically said I was full of $%^&
Old 12-19-01, 08:04 AM

Originally posted by Deke Rivers

Thanks Rick for clearing this up..I tried mentioning this earlier but the DDD fans basically said I was full of $%^&
So you are still not a fan of DDD. Now go back and read your first post on the subject. You are the only one that has used any profanity symbols in all of the postings on this topic, and your first rant against the vendor was in reply to a simple inquiry asking for shipment time spans. Show us where one member stated that you were " full of $%^[/B][QUOTE]". Now you are thanking a DDD rep. of a vendor you started out trashing. Apparently a Persecution Complex requires constant reinforcement.
Old 12-19-01, 11:17 AM

yeah, what's up with that?! you come bashing them in, talking about how bad their service is, and then you turn around when their CS backs you up on your claim!

next time, why don't you call ahead to make sure your title's in stock - and confirm that they DO have it - then get in your car and go to the store. you did mention that "if I knew I could I would believe me...".

instead of mouthing off on what a lot of people think is a good service, why not just stick to the original issue at hand - shipping time for this matter.

i'm not trying to pick on you or anything, it's just that you're in the minority when it comes to ddd (as far as i see on this thread).

no offense meant,
r
Old 12-20-01, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

guys- i mentione din an earlier thread that acsr told me you couldnt buy from the store front-someone told me I was wrong in a leter thread and now a DDD rep confirms what I said to begin with--thats what I was referring to-this has nothing to do with my dislike for DDD..get a grip on your selves for crying out loud will ya..WHy does a persons opinion on a particular e-tailer get taken do seriously???
Old 12-20-01, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by i-bystander
Numanoid - Time to get in the car and drive that mile! =)

Deke - I went in there, and they actually check the price online. Whatever it says online, that's the price you get. I wouldn't really recommend calling the 'store' for this kind of info. Instead of the storefront, what you get is the CS from the 'warehouse'. They'd give you a different answer than the one you get from the 'store'.

Basically, DDD operates online. They have a B&M called Movies N' Music Outlet. M&MO is the 'store', DDD is the 'warehouse'. When you call DDD, obviously, you get the warehouse. As far as the 'store' is concerned, like I said they check the price online, and that's what they go by. I don't know if you're being misled by CS (weird), but I'm talking from experience. Since you're not too far away, why not give it a shot, and check out their 'store'. Maybe it'll change your opinion of them. Or maybe not.

No flames,
R
I fact ..you are the one who disagreed on my claim to begin with
Old 12-20-01, 04:10 PM

guys- i mentione din an earlier thread that acsr told me you couldnt buy from the store front-someone told me I was wrong in a leter thread and now a DDD rep confirms what I said to begin with--thats what I was referring to-this has nothing to do with my dislike for DDD..get a grip on your selves for crying out loud will ya..WHy does a persons opinion on a particular e-tailer get taken do seriously???
So you were not serious when you posted your opinion about the e-tailer. Fine. I accept that, and will no longer consider your postings as something to be given serious consideration.
Old 12-21-01, 11:05 AM

1. you COULD buy from the store. Just walk in and walk out with what you want - if your item's in stock, that it. Call first to make sure.

2. The DDD rep did not confirm what you 'said' - he said you can't pick up orders placed ONLINE or on the PHONE. He said they're re-evaluating this situation. He didn't say anything about not being able to buy from the actual storefront.

3. I don't care if you have anything against DDD (i don't own the place!), bash them all you want. It's your opinion. And from now on, it won't be taken seriously.

Happy holidays,
R
Old 12-21-01, 11:07 AM

I fact ..you are the one who disagreed on my claim to begin with
Exactly. Because I've been to their storefront, and I got what I wanted right then and there - instead of waiting for my titles to be delivered one town away.

R