Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

TAU Screw job

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-01, 10:43 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TAU Screw job

I ordered the X files season 4 from Total Action Universe and it was shipped Nov 10th.

3 weeks and I haven't received it. How long does it take to ship?????? I live in los angeles btw.

The is the first and last time I order anything from them.
Old 12-01-01, 10:50 PM

Considering that it's coming from Canada and has to go through customs, 3 weeks is about right. I waited three weeks in October to get a dvd delivered from another place in Canada, and according to the postmark it really was in transit for 3 weeks.

Lori
Old 12-01-01, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That's why you don't buy from TAU in the US...their prices may be Ok but it can take a long time for it to get here.

This should probably be in the Store Forum though.
Old 12-01-01, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a partial order ship to California from TAU on 11/19 and arrive 11/27. But I have two other items in the same order that are still pending over three weeks and counting. I called them last week on the status of these items and they couldn't give me a definite answer when they will ship. Hopefully they will come through and deliver on the remaining items soon. But they are about the slowest store I have dealt with in getting items in stock.
Old 12-02-01, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Info

I called TAU today on the status of my order as well. The guy was VERY friendly and understood the dilemma. I told him I understood that customs are probably a bit tighter since 9/11 but 3 weeks is a long time. He agreed and shipped me another one today.

He also said quite a few people aren't getting the X-files set for some reason. It is only that set that isn't getting delivered. Wierd. Everything else is going out fine, just not this one.

I have used them a few times before and it hasn't taken but a week to get here(Kentucky).

Just give them a call and be friendly about it.
1-877-40-TOTAL

-corvin
Old 12-02-01, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Please, quit crying about a store that's always done great business with most of the people on this board. So it's taken 3 weeks, big deal. If you hadn't noticed mail all over the nation is slow and customs probably held it up for a bit. Their packages are usually a bit overstuffed and probably look 'suspicious' in this day and age. If you're in such a rush go buy from your local B&M next time.
Old 12-02-01, 07:40 AM

Please, quit crying about a store that's always done great business with most of the people on this board.
I agree 100%. Mine was delayed also but it came last week. It's NOT their fault, blame the terrorists. I've heard that TAU is shipping 2nd copies out already and I'll bet those complainers will get 2 and keep them!!!!

Please send back your 2nd copy if that happens. TAU is a great resource to save major bucks!
Old 12-02-01, 08:37 AM

I've ordered TAU's mini and full box sets (i.e. POTA - TV Series, Sex & The City 2, X-Files 2, Ultimate Die Hard) because they offered the best prices anywhere; particularly during their free shipping periods. Shipping time has averaged 8-10 days to the midwest (before and after 9/11), even though I have noticed a disclaimer on their site, now, warning about possible longer delays.

My one inquiry to their customer service netted me a prompt correction to my original incorrectly placed order, free shipping re-applied (even though the promotion had just ended) and an overall polite and helpful employee
Old 12-02-01, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Lurker1999
Please, quit crying about a store that's always done great business with most of the people on this board.
You have a right to your opinion but SO DO I. TAU IS CRAP. I ordered one item on the 21st of October and they haven't even processed the order yet. I tried to call them three times and they never answered the phone. I wrote them asking that they cancel the order and nothing happened. A week later, when the item still showed as "pending" on their site, I wrote again and asked AGAIN that they cancel the order and requested they email me when they had done so. As far as I can tell, they have done nothing with my order in FIVE WEEKS. A few lucky people who actually had their orders processed and got their dvds at a good price may love them. I think they suck.

Last edited by Easy; 12-02-01 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-02-01, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Closing duplicate thread.

See original: http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread....hreadid=159738