Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The Grinch DVD in normal amaray?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-01, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has any one else received the Grinch DVD, from amazon.com, in a normal BLACK amaray instead of the green glow-in-the-dark one? Or from anywhere else for that matter?
Old 11-20-01, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you get the widescreen version? My understanding is that only the fullscreen version comes in the green case.
Old 11-20-01, 06:24 PM

Originally posted by bboisvert
Did you get the widescreen version? My understanding is that only the fullscreen version comes in the green case.
Oops, forgot to mention that part, but yes it is the widescreen version. I wouldn't have it any other way.
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It glows in the dark!!! I got the WS one at Walmart and it is green but I dont see it glowing yet.

Originally posted by bboisvert
I just picked up Widescreen The Grinch at Best Buy its was in green amaray. so its not just Fullscreen.
Old 11-20-01, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

None of the stores I went to had the widescreen Grinch in a green case - so I ended up with a plain black one. Of course all the frickin' pan and scan versions had the glorious green case. What the heck is going on? Universal sent my stores black WS cases. I guess the factories ran out of green cases. Or do you think the pee&shee kiddies would hunger for the gimmicky color cases - whereas the discriminating Widescreen enthusiasts would prefer the more-professional black casings? Since the initial press release, the kid in me was hoping for a green one. Unfortunate, but I intend to find one. Where online can I order a glowing green replacement case? Anybody want to trade me?

Last edited by Disc-Flipper; 11-20-01 at 10:45 PM.
Old 11-20-01, 07:07 PM

Originally posted by Disc-Flipper
None of the stores I went to had the widescreen Grinch in a green case - so I ended up with a plain black one. Of course all the frickin' pan and scan versions had the glorious green case. What the heck is going on? Universal sent my stores black WS cases. Where online can I get a glowing green replacement case? Anybody want to trade me?
Looks like the X-Box might be the culprit ... damn Bill Gates do you have to take our green cases? Actually, those that received the Grinch in the green case is it an amaray or alpha?

INETDVD.com might be the savior of the day they are listing lime green and neon green alphas and a green amaray designated as (X-Box). Check them out at:

http://www.inetdvd.com/store/cases.asp

Last edited by rdodolak; 11-20-01 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-20-01, 10:14 PM
Banned

the best buy i went to had all fullscreens in black cases and all widescreens in green cases, so needless to say i got my green case!! and it dont glow in the dark! kik ass flick and dvd tho!!
Old 11-20-01, 10:17 PM

Originally posted by rdodolak

Actually, those that received the Grinch in the green case is it an amaray or alpha?

mine was amaray
but it doesnt glow like a couple people above mentioned
Old 11-20-01, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That's right, they don't glow-in-the-dark, but they are flourescent day-glo green in shade. It would take a black light to make them really glow.
Old 11-21-01, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've seen a TON of WS Grinch's in Green...
BUT...oddly, only at Suncoast and Sam Goody.
I got one, I'm happy..but..
?????
Old 11-22-01, 06:51 PM

Those glowing green cases must be nuclear. I'd stay away from those.

As for those cases on inetdvd.com, do those covers have a plastic sheet on the outside of the case (for you to slip the cover in)?
I'm looking at the pics and it appears they don't. (unless it's just hard to see.)
Old 11-23-01, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ConanDestroyer
As for those cases on inetdvd.com, do those covers have a plastic sheet on the outside of the case (for you to slip the cover in)?
I'm looking at the pics and it appears they don't. (unless it's just hard to see.)
I'm pretty sure there's a clear plastic sleeve to slide the covers into. They are true Alpha and Amarays. I shall find out soon enough. I ordered a batch of them.
Old 11-23-01, 09:16 AM

Originally posted by ConanDestroyer
Those glowing green cases must be nuclear. I'd stay away from those.

Yes, these do have the clear plastic sleeve as those found on amarays and alphas, as I have ordered from them before. Scott from Inetdvd.com has also confirmed that their green amaray is the same green case used for the Grinch DVD.