Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

giftcertificates.com problem and scheme

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-01, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

I have order $50 giftcertificates.com GC by use $10 off coupon. When I order it show me only cost $40. But I when I receive my credit card statement, I has been changed for $50.

So I call them back, they are refuse to get me the $10 back.

It like you agree pay only $40 at check out page and you get change more. Is this illegal? What should I do?

Thanks.

Juice.
Old 10-31-01, 12:26 PM
Defunct Account

Did you print out the final checkout page showing that it would only cost you 40? If so, dispute it with your credit card. If you didn't, it's your word against theirs, and I'm afraid that the CC will side with them, since you admit to recieving the GC.

-Videophile
Old 10-31-01, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Rule number one for ALL internet purchases:

PRINT OUT EVERYTHING!!!!
Old 10-31-01, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

same thing happened to me. i gave them the same exact argument that you did. i even faxed them a copy of the printout and they still wouldn't change it!!!!
so i just called and cc company and told them what happened. they credited me with the difference.
Old 10-31-01, 12:56 PM

Thanks.

I hope I did. But you know like amazon.com, they will send you a order info have a changed information in that email.

I try go to the member account area, But their web site the order will not show the original order change. How can them do that? Bad.

I think I just stick the good site like amazon.com, buy.com. No more giftcertificates.com

Juice.
Old 10-31-01, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
jhu2000,

Please do not post in more than one forum regarding the same topic. That's part of the standard agreement.

Closing all the other threads.

namja
Old 10-31-01, 07:35 PM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts
Re: giftcertificates.com problem and scheme

Originally posted by jhu2000
I have order $50 giftcertificates.com GC by use $10 off coupon. When I order it show me only cost $40. But I when I receive my credit card statement, I has been changed for $50.
The exact same thing happened to me. It's too bad. I've used this company alot in the past. And I was planning on buying a bunch of Gift Certificates for Christmas. But I won't be ordering from them again.
Old 11-01-01, 01:27 AM

Location: 1st Star to the right and straight until morning! ^^;
I"ve been holding off buying from this company for a long long time. I was wary of this giftcertificates.com . If you have a fax of the $10 off $50 confirmation and the company still does not honor then it seems like thise company is operating poor business management or dare I say "scam".

Most of the time if you have to get the CC company to credit the differance that's a mark on your credit history report card that you did this before which can be a bane or a boon in the future for you.

Pix
Old 11-01-01, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Great

I may just cancel this order. I really do not want to waste my time getting my $10 bucks back if they overcharge me. I printed out everything, but with no eta as to when the gc's will arrive and the BS of overcharges I think I will cancel and then wait for them to go out of business soon.
Old 11-01-01, 05:21 AM

Order info not there

When I went into my order history today the info is there but won't print out. The rest of the page prints, just not the order #,name and amount they fill in. Went to where I received it and it says you might want to print this receipt out for your records, but again the free-form info does not print, but the rest of the page does. Are they using some kind of writing the printer can't "see" so we have no proof of the discount? There was no amounts when I ordered, only a confirmation #. Anybody else have this problem? Any way to make it print? Never seen this before, and I order alot.
Old 11-03-01, 09:55 PM

Try hitting ALT PRINTSCREEN on your keyboard.
Then open MS Word and paste into a blank document.
Should be able to capture a screen shot this way.