Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Are Amazon Being Nice Again?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-28-01, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A while ago I heard nothing but complaints, but a strange thing happened yesterday.

Two weeks ago I bought 'Narcissus In Chains' from them for $16.06, I looked yesterday and it was $13.77, and I was very annoyed.
I fired off an email expecting the usual reply of 'sorry, but tough', and instead I got a nice email saying they'd credit the difference.

So have Amazon realised that Internet shopping is all about customer service again, or was I just lucky?
Old 10-28-01, 12:52 PM

Amazon has always had and hopefully will always have great customer service.

Steve
Old 10-28-01, 01:49 PM

Location: I live both above you and below you, but always beyond you.
I've never had a problem with Amazon, other than they keep raising prices, and I've ordered lots of things from them.
Old 10-28-01, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Zarathustra999
I've never had a problem with Amazon, other than they keep raising prices, and I've ordered lots of things from them.
Ditto. Amazon has always been the only online shop that has been 100% reliable for me. I've never had an issue with them.
Old 10-28-01, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The main complaints registered about Amazon are not honoring mis-prices (a ridiculous complaint) and that their prices are not as good as they used to be (but no online prices are).

After having dealt with other online companies that are simply HORRIBLE (0rderbox, Playcentric, etc.) I have grown to appreciate Amazon. They at least provide good customer service and ship items when they say they are going to (usually). They are usually apologetic when they screw up which is MUCH less than other e-tailers. With STL and coupons, I can usually best the prices offered by DDD even with shipping thrown in.

Amazon
Old 10-28-01, 09:34 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Amazon has had great customer services and been very reliable. Their software seems to have more glitches recently which make my Final Fastasy DVD in limbo state. I called their CS few times and each time the CSR had been very help and trying to fix the problem (or get me off their back?). Otherwise, I will still shop at amazon

As for your price adjustment, you will have no problem doing so within 30 days. I had amazon price adjusted for me on many occasions without problem
Old 10-29-01, 11:55 AM

Thanks everyone for your input.
The reason I asked the question originally was that Amazon's customer service was getting a very bad reputation the last time I looked in the Store forum.
There seemed to be a lot of people nhappy with STL and overcharges and they weren't getting a lot of help from customner service.

I'm glad to hear from everyone that that seems to have changed for the better again.
Old 10-29-01, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
I think Amazon CS is one of the better ones out there today. At least for me, the couple of problems that I had were resolved fairly quickly.
Old 10-29-01, 02:45 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, Amazon CS is one of the best out there. They and their software make mistakes a lot, but they are fast to fix problems.

My Final Fantasy DVD didn't ship for the whole of last week. I had to make three phone calls to them over the week and they finally fixed the problem (by zeroing out all the prices and fees) and it just shipped today.

It makes a difference to be able to talk to a real person and have the problem resolved over the phone.
Old 10-29-01, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i complained via a link on thier page at the beginning of lasst week. let them agree or disagree but don't just ignore me.
still no response.
Old 10-29-01, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Their computers seem to have been messed up during the last few weeks. Can't cancel items, etc...
Old 10-29-01, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Their computers seem to have been messed up during the last few weeks. Can't cancel items, etc...
Try giving them a call.
Old 10-30-01, 10:56 AM

Amazon has always been great for me. This morning I had to call them because I didn't receive a shipment from them (SW:TPM, Godfather Trilogy & Mummy Returns) that I had ordered back in the good old days of using a GC, buy 2 titles get free shipping, and Share the Love discounts--namely June 28th. Well, there was no tracking number and it supposedly shipped Oct 18th. I called today and the Customer Service Rep was very great about sending out a replacement order and upgrading it to 2nd Day Air. I expected to get hassled about it, but the whole call took maybe a minute. They have the BEST customer service of any online dealer I have ever had to contact.