Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

HOLY CRAP! (Ep 1 at Best Buy)

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

HOLY CRAP! (Ep 1 at Best Buy)

Old 10-16-01, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw the Ep1 DVD at 20th Century Fox with HTF last month and Its awesome. My friend is buying it for me for my birthday (2 days away).

I cant wait!!
Old 10-16-01, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For those of you that weren't stupid like me and went to WAL-MART at midnight and paid $22.95 you can get it at TARGET for $17.99 as well.

8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Old 10-16-01, 03:45 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I picked this up at K-mart this afternoon. They had a display inside the front door, and it was still mostly full around 2 p.m. Of course the bulk of the DVD buying crowd in Morgantown is college students, who would mostly still be in class. I'm lucky and get done with class at 12:45 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Unfortunately I have to work tonight, so I won't be able to watch it yet. I did check out the menus, trailers, deleted scenes, and watched a few chapters during the past hours. I'm super impressed so far. Definately worth the wait.
Old 10-16-01, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by BassDude
BB in Phoenix had LucasArts CD-Rom but ya had ta ask for it at the counter! I wonder who got the DVD and not the CD-Rom.
Figures

Well, to tell you the truth, I could care a less about the FREE Games Demo disc but there wasn't even a spot for it on the Display and nothing else that would have indicated that they had them.

I bet you are right they probably had the discs at the counter but when you see an ad that says "FREE for the first 100 customers" and you walk in and don't see any, one would ASSume that they are not one of the first "100 customers".

Usually Best Buy places the FREE item next to or on the display. I looked around both displays and everyone else I saw did the same thing.

I guess if it was something better than a "demo" disc I would have asked but from what I hear, the "demo" disc is mostly filled with stuff you can get from the LucasArts website. I guess if I was a gamer I would care.

Oh well... can't wait to get home and watch this. I just got an HDTV (Toshiba 40H80 Widescreen) and while I was at Best Buy today I also picked up some Component Video cables (Monster of course) so I am ready to relax and watch the movie.
Old 10-16-01, 04:40 PM

Originally posted by Iron Chef
My local BestBuy was dead. I was in and out in about 5 minutes.
How could you go to Best Buy man? After my story???

Old 10-16-01, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, luckily, I live in Michigan and theirs no real super-fans out here. Just typical dvd aficado's and what not. So, with any anticipated dvd release, there's always plenty of copies, even days after release. I will probably pick up TPM on thursday if I dont get Air Force One (or Desperado) Superbit
Old 10-16-01, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

no problems at my local Best Buy. Plenty of PM dvds and Demo Games.
Old 10-16-01, 05:04 PM

Who cares!!! The movie was no big deal!!! Just because it is a "star wars" film it gets such rave reviews. The movie was just not that good. Plus I had it 3 months ago on DVD. It was a set of all 4 of them. Star Wars, Empire, Return and Phantom dud!! They were of course bootlegged, but they were 5.1, they were widescreen and they had menus. Under 80 bucks on EBAY. OOOPPPPSSSS! I forgot we are not suppose to talk about this!!!
Old 10-16-01, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Berkowitz: THREAD CRAP ALERT!

I went to my local CC this morning and it was empty. Only one person and myself were there to get TPM. Odd really.
Old 10-16-01, 05:31 PM

I went to Best Buy at lunch with 3 of the guys from work. As usuall it was noon, 12 people in line and one register open. They do this every week. It's Tuesday, the day new dvds and music cds come out. Come on Best Buy get a clue. No problem getting the disc, they had plenty. Maybe someday Best Buy will get their head out of their arse.
Old 10-16-01, 05:40 PM

Originally posted by Tesiae
Berkowitz: THREAD CRAP ALERT!

I went to my local CC this morning and it was empty. Only one person and myself were there to get TPM. Odd really.
Surprised it took that long for a thread crapper.

I got mine last night at Wal-Mart after 12:00 am. There were four or so others there as well. Wanted Cats and Dogs too but they only got the fullscreen version, so no deal on that.
Old 10-16-01, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got quoted! *tear* (Doesn't take much!)

Name response: I play electric bass here locally, but I can't wait to fire up the JBL PB-12 for this DVD!

Best Buy Free CD-Rom: It doesn't look like much. Browser based. Only one game has a demo, the rest are Game Trailers." Still...it says Promotional Item Only on it, so it may fetch some bucks on E-Bay after a while. (Who am I kiddin'...it ain't going nowhere...)
Old 10-16-01, 05:58 PM

Originally posted by Berkowitz
Who cares!!! The movie was no big deal!!! Just because it is a "star wars" film it gets such rave reviews. The movie was just not that good. Plus I had it 3 months ago on DVD. It was a set of all 4 of them. Star Wars, Empire, Return and Phantom dud!! They were of course bootlegged, but they were 5.1, they were widescreen and they had menus. Under 80 bucks on EBAY. OOOPPPPSSSS! I forgot we are not suppose to talk about this!!!
Then you should have deleted your comment! Consider this your one and only warning. If you post this kind of info about bootlegs again you will have your forum priviledges suspended. Also, if you didn't care about the movie then you should have kept your feelings to yourself. What you're doing here is called "thread crapping" cause no one asked for yours or anyone else's opinion of this movie in this thread. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Note: This kind of thread belongs in the Store forum so that's where I'm moving it.