Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

HKFlix Warning (PayPal related)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

HKFlix Warning (PayPal related)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-01, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DO NOT order from HKFlix !!!

First timer here.

Anyway, I had placed an online order with HKFlix a month ago and received a confirmation the next day. Charges were made to my VISA two days later. After two weeks of waiting and not receiving anything, I sent them an email to cancel my order and have the credit applied back to my card. Up until now, I still have not received the merchandise nor seen any credit applied to my card. I have contacted them twice through email and once through the phone. Although they list a toll free number for customer service, it always routes you to an automated answering service. As of current, I still have not heard nor received anything from them.

Very frustrated !!!

DO NOT Order From HKFlix !!!
Old 10-08-01, 05:47 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You can call up your VISA card customer service and contest the charge.
Old 10-08-01, 08:02 PM

There are people from HKFlix that check out this forum, maybe they can help if they see this thread. They're are also a sponsor here. I myself ordered movies from them in the past with only a small problem with a stock issue but got my movies nonetheless (time wasn't a month but it was frustrating). I'm sorry you had this experience. I know how you feel, I had similar issues with itchee.com and they are in HK which made it more of a pain. I had to resort to eau's advice and dispute the charge with my CC company. I hate doing that but sometimes that is the only solution. Good luck.
Old 10-08-01, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: DO NOT order from HKFlix !!!

Originally posted by tag2062
First timer here.

Anyway, I had placed an online order with HKFlix a month ago and received a confirmation the next day.

DO NOT Order From HKFlix !!!
So.. what did you order? Was the item in-stock? In my case, I was able to communicate with them virtually real-time via e-mail. Very helpful. I have made one or two orders with them recently. One was delayed about a week though.
Old 10-09-01, 01:00 AM

tag2062, please email me directly about this. I'll need your order number to check what's going on.
Old 10-11-01, 12:11 PM

Reply post from axolotls
So.. what did you order? Was the item in-stock? In my case, I was able to communicate with them virtually real-time via e-mail. Very helpful. I have made one or two orders with them recently. One was delayed about a week though.

I ordered "Fong Sai Yuk 2", "A Man Called Hero", and "Operation Scorpio" - they are all in stock.

I just called my CC today and have this put into dispute.

Thanks for all the support responses.
Old 10-11-01, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Let us know when/if it gets resolved. You picked some good movies!
Old 10-11-01, 03:43 PM

I guess you didn't want to "resolve" the issue, just wanted to cancel payment. Either way, I could have taken care of that for you... I really don't understand why everyone here is so quick to initiate a billing dispute, even when someone (me) at the company has stepped up to offer help... weird.
Old 10-11-01, 05:42 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by HKFlix
I guess you didn't want to "resolve" the issue, just wanted to cancel payment. Either way, I could have taken care of that for you... I really don't understand why everyone here is so quick to initiate a billing dispute, even when someone (me) at the company has stepped up to offer help... weird.
If only HKFlix charges the credit card when the order ships, it will solve most of the problem or concern that shoppers here have.

I assume you know that other reputable online stores only charge customers when their order ships, not when their order is placed. Your practice raises a lot of concern from prospective customers.
Old 10-11-01, 07:16 PM

eau, HKFlix only charges once the order has shipped. This person sent a PayPal payment. Please take back your comments.
Old 10-12-01, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've just got to "defend" HKFlix for a second. I've placed three orders with them now. The first two went off perfectly, and the last order I placed included two special order items. Mhat, through email, helped me the entire way through, telling me how I should place the order, and what to put in the "special instructions" box (since the special order DVD's weren't on their site). I just got another email (from Mhat, not automated) with the tracking number, and shipping day. My CC was charged WHEN THE ORDER SHIPPED every time, not before. Those who complain should give all the info (especially if you pay by paypal, of course your card is immediately charged!), and those who have never ordered should get all the facts before blastimg a company. Just my $2 (increased for inflation).
Old 10-12-01, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

PayPal

I paid HKFlix with PayPal once, and they had a price drop so I got store credit instead.

Question: Why couldn't you send the difference back by PayPal? In the end it didn't matter because I did a few more orders!

Last edited by axolotls return; 10-12-01 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-13-01, 12:42 PM
Registered

Guys,

It's clear that HKFlix is willing to step up and resolve any problem. Please e-mail them at the e-mail they provided in this thread and lets stop this forum bash of them.