Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Jay and Silen't Bob's Secret Stash question

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-07-01, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm wanting to order a couple of signed dvd's from jay and silent bob's secret stash but i have read in a few posts that it takes a while to get your stuff. Is it true? and how long. I don't want to wait 4 months for my stuff so if you have ordered let me know. thanks
Old 10-08-01, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well....

I'm a big Smith fan, but I once ordered from there and cancelled.
I understand signed items are going to take a bit, but I just cannot place an order in good faith to a store that goes ahead and IMMEDIATLY charges your CC and then asks that you not request any shipping info for 3 months or whatnot.

Screw that.

I mean, the autographs are NOT personalized like "Hey,****...enjoy the film,Kevin", so WHY pre-charge???

I am sure they are NOT going to get stuck with signed copies of Clerks just laying about due to insufficient funds on someone's CC.

As hard as it is for me to differentiate, I have to step back and ask myself "Would I buy from an online store that charges me upfront and then tells me not to even ASK about my order for 3 months???"

HELL NO!!!

I am really hedging because I want a signed copy of A Better Place, but am not in the mood to pay now and wait....

When they get thier shipping sh** together, I'll order.

BTW-For MOST of the non-auto'd items, go directly to Graphitti Designs. I just got my Quick Stop and RST shirts and a Buddy Christ overnighted.

Again, not blasting the Stash, as they are basically a 'real' store, and a small one, who handle internet business...and they have a very satisfied customer ratio. If you have the room on your CC and can not ask questions...order away.
Old 10-08-01, 09:21 AM

Weapon X is right...

I really, really don't like being charged upfront and then having to WAIT forever to get the product. I ordered the super-limited-ultra-special edition of A Better Place as soon as it was available, and my card was charged. A MONTH AND A HALF LATER it arrived. It is a very nice package, but still...
Old 10-08-01, 01:13 PM
Cool New Member

You need to ask your question here

Kevin's WWWBoard

Direct the query to Bryan...
Old 10-08-01, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just to chime in and basically repeat what others have said... you will definitely have to wait. My signed DVD took almost 2 months to arrive. And, yes, they charged me immediately (something I wasn't aware they were going to do, and wasn't too pleased about).

They also ship via Priority Mail ($3.50) in a padded envelope with no additional protection. I would much prefer to see them move to boxes, rather than envelopes. I would also rather see them charge you when the item actually ships, especially if they know it'll take several weeks/months to get the signatures.

However, I was certainly happy with the final product. I just wish they would make it clearer that your DVDs can take MONTHS to arrive and that they charge you IMMEDIATELY. Making that clear up front would have made my wait much more bearable.
Old 10-08-01, 04:22 PM

I ordered a signed Clerks: Unsensored DVD and was surprise, cause it only took like a week and a half.

-Rick
Old 10-09-01, 12:23 PM

Jya and Silent Bob Secret Stash

I order from there all the time and don't mind the billing right away, if you don't have the money when you order it, don't order it. I recently ordered the signed "J & SB SB" signed movie poster and it said because of Kevin Smith's busy schedule expect it to take a while, I received my poster in less than a week, but was willing AND EXPECTING to wait, knowing I was already billed because it says so on the site, so read the DIRECTIONS before commiting to something and then complaining later!!