Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Blockbuster's email to complain about pan & scan

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-01, 09:47 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[email protected]

This is the correct one to use. I urge everyone here to take five minutes and email Blockbuster, telling them you are taking your business elsewhere since they arestocking dozens of pan & scan MUMMY RETURNS with no widescreen copies (about 9 out of 10 stores ared oing just that).

I explained that if they cannot stock even a few widescreen copies, then I will be going to TommyK. We need to get this threw to the suits at that company NOW, before it is too late.
Old 10-04-01, 10:34 AM

Here is a copy of the email I sent. I don't think it'll do much good, but it couldn't hurt, either.

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing to express my great displeasure in Blockbuster Video's recent trend of carrying only fullscreen versions of dvds that have been released in both widescreen and fullscreen versions. I understand that a great deal of your customers have stated a preference for these cropped versions of films, however a great number of people who would normally rent discs from your stores (like myself) find themselves forced to rent titles elsewhere because no widescreen version is available. As it is customary for your stores to stock multiple copies of films, I find it ludicrous that you cannot have at least one copy of the film in it's original aspect ratio. If both versions are offered by the studio, then there is no reason not to have both versions at your store. I guarantee that you will have more customers "go home happy". Thank you for your attention in this matter.
Old 10-04-01, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Do you really think you have a chance of them listening? I mean, they edit their damn movies! There's no reasoning with a company like that.
Old 10-04-01, 09:56 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Damn it! I just went to my local Blockbuster and Hollywood Video and all the Mummy Returns rental copies are Full Screen. Those suckers have the Widescreen for sale though
Old 10-05-01, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts
I didn't know DVD fans even considered renting movies from Blockbuster. It would be better to just take your business elsewhere & not rent from them at all. Maybe one day they will go away.

I quit renting from Blockbuster when they made the big deal out of The Last Temptation of Christ & NC-17 movies. Now they only carry Pan & Scan. Figures since they have always catered to christian middle america. Screw 'em!
Old 10-05-01, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by brianluvdvd
I didn't know DVD fans even considered renting movies from Blockbuster. It would be better to just take your business elsewhere & not rent from them at all. Maybe one day they will go away.

I quit renting from Blockbuster when they made the big deal out of The Last Temptation of Christ & NC-17 movies. Now they only carry Pan & Scan. Figures since they have always catered to christian middle america. Screw 'em!
Christian middle America prefers Pan & Scan?
Old 10-05-01, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally posted by cartman

Christian middle America prefers Pan & Scan?
Dude, you didn't know that?
Old 10-05-01, 10:37 AM

Originally posted by tor_greg
Do you really think you have a chance of them listening? I mean, they edit their damn movies! There's no reasoning with a company like that.
Which movies has Blockbuster editted?
Old 10-05-01, 11:42 AM

Originally posted by happypants

Which movies has Blockbuster editted?
I always heard a roumor about this... but I don't know if it is true or not...Reservoir Dogs and isn't Blockbuster owned by the church of Scientology... or is it the Mormans... ah I don't remember....
Old 10-05-01, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Lono

I always heard a roumor about this... but I don't know if it is true or not...Reservoir Dogs and isn't Blockbuster owned by the church of Scientology... or is it the Mormans... ah I don't remember....

Blockbuster is owned by the Mormons. I haven't rented from them since DVD became commonly available, and have no intentions of doing so in the future.