Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Alldirect.com?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-01, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alldirect.com?

Has anyone shopped at alldirect.com before? I was looking at their prices, and they look pretty good. My question is, I looked up 2 dvds in particular (Big Blue and Snatch) and both are listed as letterbox, rather than anamorphic. I don't believe either is availabe in letterbox, and the list prices and release dates match the anamorphic ones. Is this just a typo on each of them?

Thanks for any feedback.
Old 08-26-01, 06:51 PM
mint

I've shopped their before. It was about two years ago but I had no problem with them. You might want to email them, they'd have a better idea about their stock than we do.
Old 08-28-01, 11:52 AM

This is what I got from alldirect's support.

Thank you for the inquiry. Our information shows:
"Snatch": Letterbox for 16x9 TVs, Pan & Scan for TVs
"Big Blue": Letterbox for 16x9 TVs

Thank you for visiting AllDirect.com
Has anyone bought a DVD from them that was labled as letterbox, but should have been anamorphic? I'm pretty sure they're just using the word letterbox instead of widescreen, but want to make sure this isn't bootlegged stuff or something. As far as I know, snatch didn't come out in letterbox. Any know for sure?

Thanks
Old 08-29-01, 10:51 AM
klh

The potential problem with alldirect is that they list having everything in their catalog, but when you order, at least 1/3 of the items will be on backorder and they'll charge you extra s/h to get the backordered items. At least that was my experience with them on 2 music CD/book orders. They did ship promptly and their prices usually can't be beat.
Old 08-29-01, 01:02 PM

Originally posted by klh
The potential problem with alldirect is that they list having everything in their catalog, but when you order, at least 1/3 of the items will be on backorder and they'll charge you extra s/h to get the backordered items. At least that was my experience with them on 2 music CD/book orders. They did ship promptly and their prices usually can't be beat.
Well...That doesn't affect me, since I'm ordering through orderbox. That gets me 25% off everything, and free shipping ($0.02). I'm just worried that I'll get some crappy bootleg that actually IS letterbox instead of anamorphic. Have any that you ordered said letterbox but ended up being anamorphic?
Old 08-30-01, 03:10 PM

What do you mean by 25% off of everything. Is it a coupon promotion?
Old 08-30-01, 04:36 PM

Originally posted by LIV4MOVIES
What do you mean by 25% off of everything. Is it a coupon promotion?
Look at the orderbox thread. Until the end of the year, any purchases from amazon, cdnow, alldirect, etc... are 25% off of their list, plus shipping is only $0.02. The only catch is that you are buying from orderbox, not amazon, or whatever, so you can't use and GCs, coupons, or anything else.
Old 08-30-01, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I bought Discreet Charm of the Bourgeousiie from AllDirect for under $28 shipped... At this time DDD had nothing. I had no problem with their service except for the fact you cannot browse their site!