Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deep Discount DVD - shipping confirmation?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 08-22-01, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is Deep Discount DVD supposed to sent out shipping confirmations as titles ship?

All I ever get is an order confirmation with expected ship dates.

-Jason
Old 08-22-01, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The two times I order from them I got shipping confirmations so I assume they are supposed to.
Old 08-22-01, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have only ordered from them once (I don't buy that many DVDs), I received an email when the DVD shipped.

Then again, that DVD was a preorder. Maybe if they have the DVD in stock (and it is not a preorder), they just ship it out without an email notice.
Old 08-22-01, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I placed an order last week for in stock DVDs and received shipping confirmation by email two days later. However, I have had mixed results when it comes to being emailed shipping confirmation from Deep Discount. I found sometimes they send emails and sometimes they don't. It is more reliable checking my credit card for charges to see if an order shipped than waiting on an email from them.
Old 08-24-01, 08:58 AM

Well I got a shipping confirmation for the titles coming out 8/28, but I never got anything for the titles released 8/21. Beats me. I emailed them last night, but haven't heard back yet.

I've never had any real problems with them, but it would be nice to know when things have shipped.

-Jason
Old 08-24-01, 09:50 AM
Banned

i placed an order for 2 titles last week on 8/15. i got a comfirmation email the next day 8/16 saying that jaws was in stock and predator dts was back ordered and would ship 8/26.

the day after that i got a second email saying jaws had shipped. my cc was billed for jaws only. date: 8/17. it said jaws would arrive in 5-10 business days (per standard free s&h).

today is 8/24 and i am still waiting on jaws. it has been 6 business days as of this afternoon. i hope it comes this afternoon or monday...but we'll see. i expect predator to ship 8/26 and then my cc will be billed for that. hopefully predator will come quicker. i live near boston, ma.
Old 08-24-01, 11:19 AM
HC

I ordered a DVD set and got a shipping confirmation 2 days later ( they sent the DVD set the day after I ordered though).

Another order I had was a preorder which was suppose to come out 8/21. I got a confirmation on 8/16 that it was sent on 8/15.
Old 08-24-01, 01:41 PM
Banned

just got a new email from DDD saying predator DTS shipped today. so i am now waiting on 2 dvd's...jaws should be here momentarily.