Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Quality of Netflix DVDs from half.com?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 08-14-01, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone who purchased DVDs from Netflix on half.com provide some info on the quality of the discs - any bad scratches, stickers/labels on the discs, etc?

Thanks
Old 08-14-01, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No stickers and all have been playable. If there are any problems with a something not playing, they are quick to ship you a new one. The discs come in a plain case.
Old 08-14-01, 11:55 AM

All I've received have been playable, though the quality as far as scratches have been hit and miss.

For example, I received They Live, which looked brand new - and Once Upon a Time in China, which looked like someone had used it to scrub the hard water stains from their shower.

It looks to me like the more a title would have been rented, the more beat up it is, but YMMV.
Old 08-14-01, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 624 Likes on 413 Posts
I got two disks and they were like new. You could get lucky.
Old 08-14-01, 02:27 PM

I got 5 and 4 looked great one had some scratches but all played fine. I just wish I could find scans of the covers for them and I'd be a happy camper.
Old 08-14-01, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've bought a few and some had minor scratches (played fine), and some looked brand new. As mentioned above, only downside is artwork (an ad for netflix!).
Old 08-14-01, 04:39 PM
Cool New Member

The one disk that i got from them looks and plays perfect. Came in generic keepcase (no artwork)
Old 08-14-01, 10:19 PM
veritas

I've bought about a half dozen now and they've all been pristine. That's luck at work certainly, but it's worth mentioning that popular disks aren't always coaster material - I also have a copy of OUATIC (not the poor quality American version) and it's nearly perfect, so don't be afraid to order mainstream stuff that's likely to have seen many different hands.