Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Vividence -- Caveat Testor

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-01, 06:03 PM
Hoc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my first Vividence survey in months. Noticed that they had dropped the amount of the award from $15 to $10, but figured I would give it a shot anyway. Hopefully it would not take too long. I spent 20 minutes honestly evaluating the sites and giving them my input. Then, after I was done, I got an email from Vividence that my answers did not "meet their standards," and that they were not going to send me the promised GC.

So, beware if you are taking Vividence tests. You might not get your reward, regardless if you complete the test or not.
Old 07-31-01, 06:43 PM

Ouch... Havent had one rejected yet, but i'd be pissed if I did..

I had one test that died in the middle. couldnt get it to finish, so I phoned their 1-800 number (listed on the site). They sent my the GC anyways...

So, you may want to phone and see what happens..
Old 07-31-01, 07:42 PM
Hoc

Originally posted by TLamm
Ouch... Havent had one rejected yet, but i'd be pissed if I did..

I had one test that died in the middle. couldnt get it to finish, so I phoned their 1-800 number (listed on the site). They sent my the GC anyways...

So, you may want to phone and see what happens..
That happened to me once about six months ago, and they sent me a GC, too. This time, I emailed them that, if I wasted 20 minutes of my time, only to have them refuse to give me the reward when I did everything they asked and answered every question honestly, I would never take another of their tests.
Old 08-01-01, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hoc,
Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago.

I called them and talked to a supervisor. The overall felling I came away with was one of disgust. They couldnt care less if we evaluate sites anymore.
Old 08-01-01, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I did the Accenture evaluation last night and got my GC within minutes. Wasn't bad but I don't expect anything from them.
Old 08-01-01, 01:12 PM
Hoc

Well, my email to them was pretty strong. They just emailed me that they reviewed my answers and decided to issue the GC, which I got concurrently with that email.
Old 08-01-01, 01:19 PM

Yesterday I finished a survey of them and very soon after I pressed the 'send survey' button I received my $10.

So they must have a very fast evalualtion process
Old 08-01-01, 02:02 PM

I usually spend 45minutes to an hour on their surveys and have never had a problem. I've only taken 3 of their surveys since joining tho... I seem to miss a lot of them
Old 08-16-01, 11:15 AM

Re: Vividence -- Caveat Testor

Originally posted by Hoc
I just got my first Vividence survey in months. Noticed that they had dropped the amount of the award from $15 to $10, but figured I would give it a shot anyway. Hopefully it would not take too long. I spent 20 minutes honestly evaluating the sites and giving them my input. Then, after I was done, I got an email from Vividence that my answers did not "meet their standards," and that they were not going to send me the promised GC.

So, beware if you are taking Vividence tests. You might not get your reward, regardless if you complete the test or not.
The same thing happened to me yesterday. I sent them an email b*itching that I have done many surveys before for higher rewards, all done honestly, and then all of a sudden I do one and then a got the generic "not up to stanandards" BS. I went on that I thought they were cheating their users by at the very minimum explaining what was wrong so that a better evaluation can be done next time. Well today, I get an email saying,

Hello Michael,

Thank you for writing to Vividence.

Upon another review of your results, we have decided to issue a reward for
your time and effort on evaluation 1969.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Vividence Panel Support

...and received the gift certificate a few minutes later.
Old 08-17-01, 01:59 AM
Cool New Member

I only joined them about 12 months ago and never heard a thing from them until yesterday when I get an invitation to my first some of email below.:

Dear *******

We have identified a Customer Experience Evaluation that matches your profile.
This evaluation will take 30-45 minutes.

PLEASE NOTE: During the evaluation, you will be asked to make a real purchase from any Web site where you need to make a purchase. We'd like you to actually complete the purchase transaction, so it must be something you are willing to
purchase with your own money. Vividence will not be able to reimburse your purchase costs. Any information you enter will be kept confidential, based on the standards of our privacy policy:

They want me to spend my money and waste 45 minutes for the possibility of getting a $10 GC forget it! what a joke
Old 08-17-01, 02:58 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

sonyfier, I received the same invitation from vividance, and took it. Pretty easy. Evaluated the shopping cart and checkout process at two online merchants (buy.com and another one that I can't remember). The last step was for you to make a real purchase for your own at any online merchant of your choice if you want to. I 'gave up' as they suggested since I wasn't ready and shortly after I got the $10 GC
Old 08-17-01, 09:33 AM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by eau
sonyfier, I received the same invitation from vividance, and took it. Pretty easy. Evaluated the shopping cart and checkout process at two online merchants (buy.com and another one that I can't remember). The last step was for you to make a real purchase for your own at any online merchant of your choice if you want to. I 'gave up' as they suggested since I wasn't ready and shortly after I got the $10 GC
If the survey requires me to go to Buy.com it would rule me out anyway. Somehow Buy.com both in states and in UK have blocked the sites to International surfers, must be by looking at ip address of person browsing, the same thing happens if I went to www.800.com since none of these stores allow international shoppers they have introduced some measure to stop us going there. Weird.

Thanks for the reply but I think i will pass, besides the email containing the link offer has been deleted out of my hotmail account.