Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscountDvd Pre-Orders?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-01, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wondered what kind of a track record DeepDiscountDvd has with pre-orders? This was my first pre-order with them.

I had 3 titles pre-ordered for 7/24 and they say they are NOT in-stock after putting them in the cart today.

I got another title from Walmart.com on Tuesday and its still listed at DeepDiscountDvd as being NOT in-stock.

DeepdiscountDvd now has One Eyed Jacks from Paramont (22.67) as being released but NOT in-stock. They must have an exclusive on this title because I cant any information that it was to be released on 7/24 or any time in the future. I did not order this but I thought it would be interesting to see what they said now.

I do have one backordered title with them that they sent me an email on it that said it would ship by 7/18. Their web site now says it will be available on 8/28.

I placed my first order with them on 7/4 and they seemed pretty good even with the few things that I was first told were backordered but now I'am starting to wonder if they are another Express.com.
Old 07-26-01, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never found Deep Discount to be very good with shipping preorders on time. Most of the time I would not receive preorders until a week or more past the release date. If you are looking for your DVDs earlier than consider another store.

I also found Deep Discount to claim to have DVDs for order that do not exist anywhere else. Two DVDs I ordered they claimed would be available were Treasures of the Sierra Madre and Gunfight at the O.K. Coral. Eventually they cancelled my order for the first title when I e-mailed them questioning the existence of the DVD. I am still waiting for the second one to be cancelled. However, I was never charged for the DVDs since they were never released.