Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Pick-up Question??

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-01, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know if Bets Buy is strict as far as waiting for that damn confirmation # (via e-mail) to pick up a dvd in store ordered online? I ordered The Gift & now have to wait up to a day to go pick it up (wait for the confirmatin # to be e-mailed to me). Well, it just came out so I assume it's in stock. If the only issue is them determining if it's in stock I don't see why I can't do their job for them and find out myself..and bring it on home!
Old 07-17-01, 01:11 PM

My Best Buy Pick-up Question usually is:

"Hey baby, you come around to this aisle often?"

heh.. sorry about that
Old 07-18-01, 10:28 AM

ninkasi posted:
. If the only issue is them determining if it's in stock I don't see why I can't do their job for them and find out myself..and bring it on home!

Actually, given my experiences with pickup at BB from a BB.com purchase you need all the documentation you can get. In all cases in the past my impression was that the people at the counter didn't even know what bestbuy.com was, let alone that you could buy from them and pick up at the store. And this was with the letter you ask about.

This may have changed by now though, as it's been months(because of past frustrations and LONG waits at the customer service counter) since I've done the pickup at the store thing. Hopefully, they've told their customer service people about that Internet thingie, and explained the web and how the store uses it.
Old 07-18-01, 10:59 AM

Thanks-I found that out about them not really knowing what's going on. After calling customer service and being put on hold about 20 minutes I finally got someone who suggested I could cancel online order and pick up item at the store. BUT my coupon wouldn't be valid and I'd pay full price. Not a good suggestion if you ask me. Then she said due to the heavy traffic because of the 10.00 coupons she couldn't really say for sure if I would even get the confirmation within 24 hours or AT ALL. OR if the coupon would be applied properly. I told her to cancel the order and keep the coupon (almost told her where to put it too). I'll probably use the coupon after I cool down and am not so impatient to get the dvd I choose and just have it delivered. I just wish there was a more effecient working relationship between the b&m store and online store.
Old 07-18-01, 12:44 PM

ninkasi said :
I just wish there was a more effecient working relationship between the b&m store and online store.

Yes. It would be a pretty neat system if they only told their people about it. Esp nice as there's two BB's on my way home from work.

I know I'm ignorant of all the inner workings of BB, but it still seems to me that if they can train their CSRs to run the cash register, they could tell them about this process. I mean, they (the CSRs) don't look like monkeys. Unbeliveable that something as simple as this (on the surface at least) is so impossible for them to get their arms around.

Myself, the waits at the CS line have been so long (as much as 45 min!!) that thinking of saving $3 and change is just kind of a joke.
Old 07-18-01, 01:07 PM

My order status at Bestbuy.com indicates:

"Ready for pickup"

but I think the system has not sent our my confirmation code for me to pick up at the B&M store (system overloaded with orders using these coupons), has anyone successfully went to pick up without the code?
This is my first order online with pickup option. Thanks
Old 07-22-01, 01:23 PM

Here's my experience. I ordered Tommy Boy on Bestbuy.com yesterday using my $10 coupon. I got an e-mail last night confirming my order and telling me that I would get my confirmation # in a few hours. This morning - no confirmation #. So I just printed out my order info from the website and took it to Bestbuy. I pulled a copy of Tommy Boy off the shelf, went to CS, showed my ID and credit card, and got the DVD no problem.

Steve